Bristol MBDA is a leading defence organisation that is proud to support our Armed Forces in protecting our nations. We collaborate with governments to achieve a shared goal of defending our freedom.Salary
: Up to£65,000
depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern:
- Bonus of up to 21% of base salary
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking, gym onsite at Stevenage and more!
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
- We may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working such as 3-4 days per week on site and 1-2 days remote based with flexibility in working hours.The opportunity:
A fantastic opportunity has opened up within our Seeker team working on the development of complex algorithms and subsystem models. We are looking for an experienced Systems engineer with strengths in team leadership and delivery to drive a medium sized team through the remaining development and certification activities.
Through your leadership, the seeker team will develop algorithms and the modelling framework required to produce software, as well as predict seeker performance alongside an integrated missile model. You will also be involved in developing scene generation capabilities, defining studies to explore the performance envelope, and bringing algorithm development through its full life cycle - including auto-coding for delivery.
You will have the opportunity to get involved in a variety of other activities within the programme including supporting field trials and helping to craft the company's industrial capabilities. There are numerous progression opportunities available, as well as interaction with partners across a dynamic multi-national and multi-discipline engineering team on two missile programmes.What we're looking for from you:
- Share best practise across the programme and department to ensure efficient, coherent and clear model deliveries in to high profile missile programmes
- Encourage innovation - for example improved agile methods, process improvements, auto-coding firmware and preparation for use of machine learning / AI.
- Lead the technical development of the Seeker performance on cutting edge hardware. Bring your experience and insights to accelerate development.
- To bridge gaps between different specialist skill groups to deliver coherent and complete performance models
- Strong stakeholder management to deputise for senior leadership and represent the overall seeker team when required
- Strong programme management skills - including budgets, risks and opportunities
We value new perspectives, collaboration, and diversity. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply.
As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.