Bristol MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary:
£40k - £50k based on experience.What we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Possible relocation available
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.The opportunity:
We have a fantastic opportunity to join our Electro-Optical(EO) Seekers & Sensors Department as an EO Technologist.
As a Department, we are responsible for supporting MBDA's complex weapon programmes through the provision of specialist EO support, as well as engaging in cutting-edge R&D activities - both internally, and pan-industry - to support the emerging, next-generation programmes.
This is an exciting role; the successful applicant will join our EO Technology Group, where you will have the opportunity to work on a range of innovative EO technologies and methodologies. In order to support the future needs of the complex weapon portfolio, we have the responsibility for defining and owning MBDA's EO technology roadmaps. Your role will centre on developing and demonstrating the associated technologies and techniques through a combination of in-house laboratory & field testing, computational modelling and analysis based on the underpinning science.
You will work within a highly skilled, experienced and multi-disciplinary team that will support you in delivering on our commitments. We will work with you to develop your skill, knowledge and experience, as well as supporting your ongoing professional development, all while ensuring a good work-life balance.What we're looking for from you:
- A well-rounded, technically-minded scientist or engineer with an understanding of electro-optic systems; experience of infrared imaging or Lidar systems is desirable but not essential
- Have a proven track record of on-time delivery; particularly in a dynamic working environment.
- Able to engage with a broad range of internal and external partners, and forge strategic technical relationships.
- Be adaptable, self-starting and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Basic project management knowledge, including planning and risk-management, or an aspiration to learn and develop this skill on-the-job.
- Experience of coding and data analysis; working knowledge of Matlab and Simulink is desirable but not essential.
- The desire to see innovative concepts from the early R&D phase, through to demonstration and ultimately product development.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.