MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.What we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- MBDA may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working The opportunity:
The Mechanical Analysis Group is responsible for the stress and thermal performance of MBDA's military systems. We contribute stress and thermal analysis expertise across the whole product lifecycle from studies in the early concept stage and detailed development of engineering designs to manufacturing concessions and in-service support.
You will have the opportunity to gain experience in a wide range of stress analysis disciplines: hand calculations; CAE modelling (Static, Dynamic, Fatigue, Aero elastics, Non-Linear, Impact, Kinematic); Qualification and Design Testing; Fault Investigation; Loads Derivation to name a few.
We operate in a supportive and collaborativeenvironment where people feel valued and are encouraged to achieve their full potential. We encourage knowledge sharing within the team and support opportunities work on a variety of projects simultaneously.
We are a highly motivated team with a strong desire to improve and deliver. Our stress analysis is pivotal in proving the capability MBDA UK's military systems.What we're looking for from you:
What's in it for you?
- Ideally, degree qualified in a STEM subject and/or have experience in a relevant field (e.g. Mechanical, Aerospace, Stress Analysis etc.)
- Great team players with demonstrable experience in supporting the delivery of stress analysis work packages, using both traditional hand calculation methods and CAE tools (Hyperworks desirable).
- Experience of supporting the preparation and presenting of comprehensive technical reports, conveying complex findings and recommendations to stakeholders, including senior management.
- Proactive and passionate about developing and improving methods, processes and tools.
- Self-motivated individuals who are good problem solvers, willing to learn and develop; individuals that can show initiative with a strong focus on identifying areas for improvement.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to network internal and external customers.
- Fulfilling work that will stretch your skills and grow your technical knowledge and ability.
- Support to develop your skills and knowledge through both structured and 'on the job' training.
- A great environment with a strong emphasis on collaboration and team spirit.
- Opportunities to shape not only the development of the Mechanical Analysis Group but also have a wider influence across Mechanical Engineering function and the business as a whole.
We value new perspectives, collaboration, and diversity. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.