SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £18 billion in low carbon projects to 2027, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Perth, Glasgow or Aberdeen
Salary: Competitive + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
As Lead Product Analyst (reporting to one of 4 value stream leads) you'll be responsible for engaging with the business and specifically any product owners to elaborate requirements for projects within that value stream that contribute to the successful delivery of our overall Digital Transformation programme.
Key responsibilities for the role will include:
- Anticipating customer needs, supporting the management of the product backlogs and prioritising needs based on value delivered.
- Elaborating customer requirements, support the production of user stories and business process mapping to ensure clarity of project deliverables.
- Provide business process subject matter expertise to support the business in identifying efficiencies and removing waste from processes.
- Working with change management teams to ensure that business outcomes are achieved as a result of the project deliverables and process efficiencies.
- Proactive sharing of knowledge across all value streams to highlight dependencies and to drive technology learning, understanding and appreciation across the business.
What do I need?
The role is suited to an experienced Product Lead or Senior Business Analyst who has experience of working with a variety of Agile delivery methodologies to define business outcomes.
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Strong business analysis skills.
- Experience working within a digital environment supporting a product owner in the definition and delivery of Agile projects and continuous delivery environments.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interpret complex requirements and re-articulate these in concise and clear ways.
- Ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels and provide confidence that you are an expert in your discipline.
- An Agile mindset focused on delivering incremental value to the business.
About our Business
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Laura on 01738 341814.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.