Integration & Systems Validation (ISV) Engineer - Graduate Programme MBDA is a leading defence organisation that is proud to support our Armed Forces in protecting our nations. We collaborate with governments to achieve a shared goal of defending our freedomSalary
: £30,000 plus a £3000 joining bonus.Closing date for this role is midnight on Thursday 16th NovemberWhat we can offer you:
- 2 year programme starting September 2024
- Company bonus and twice yearly salary reviews
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase) and up to 15 days flexi leave
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals and free car parking
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- Flexible working
New starters should expect to be on site 5 days a week to begin with, with the potential for remote working once settled and depending on the specific role.The Opportunity
ISV are responsible for conducting real-world testing and integration of software, hardware and missile systems in the latest Complex Weapons capabilities. This includes planning trials, conducting test activities in on-site laboratories and with off-site companies, and reporting and analysing data. Through this role you will gauge an understanding of engineering principles across mechanical, electrical and functional domains, through the use of test equipment and lab facilities.
ISV is true engineering, where you will use your practical yet creative mind-set to assist with complex problem solving and application of logical solutions. Your ability to network will develop as you begin communicating across technical and non-technical teams/departments. Through planning tests and trials you will be able to demonstrate your adaptability, organisation, attention to detail, and effective handling of ambiguity.
You will undertake four six-month placements over the 2 years, working in a variety of projects. There is an opportunity to undertake one six-month placement in another part of the company, potentially in one of MBDA's international offices. Alternatively, the placement could be external to MBDA with another defence supplier or with MoD.
Our ISV function will support you to become a fully integrated member of the team with the opportunity to assume an increasing level of responsibility. We offer varied roles with scope to choose placements based on interests and skills.
Examples of ISV activities you could be involved with include:
- Ground Trials: demonstrating our products across various extreme environments.
- Firing Trials: end-to-end evaluation firings and customer demonstrations.
- Flight Trials: integrating and trialing our systems on fast jets and helicopters.
- Integration: demonstrating functional and electrical compatibility of hardware and software.
- In-Service Support: testing and monitoring in-service products with the customer.
- Trials Equipment: designing support tools and helping evolve prototype designs.
You will likely have opportunities to travel throughout the UK and internationally to support these activities.
We offer training and experience to learn trials and systems proving methods and tools, such as telemetry & data handling, digital twins and Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), in addition to training given as part of the Early Careers Programme.What we're looking for from you
- Degree qualified in an Physics, Mathematical Sciences, Engineering, Technology, Computing or a General Science discipline (minimum 2:2).
We value new perspectives, collaboration, and diversity. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.