Bristol Software Engineer - Graduate ProgrammeMBDA is a leading defence organisation that is proud to support our Armed Forces in protecting our nations. We collaborate with governments to achieve a shared goal of defending our freedom.Salary
:£30,000 plus a £3000 joining bonus.What we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern:
- 2 year programme starting September 2024
- Company bonus and twice yearly salary reviews
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase) and up to 15 days flexi leave
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals and free car parking
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- Flexible working
Around 70% of your time will be working onsite in an assistive and collaborative open plan working environment and systems laboratory, aimed at aiding your learning and development. Nevertheless, there can be opportunities for home working depending on the nature of the task.The Opportunity
The Software team at MBDA (Stevenage) deliver software for the next generation of weapons in an ever evolving environment to support those on the battlefield! Our teams provide a range of products from high integrity real time software running on our weapon systems, software infrastructures (i.e. DevOps) and production test software to support functional test & manufacturing. We use a variety of programming languages, software tools and software lifecycle methodologies to achieve this.
You will develop the skills necessary to become a well-rounded software engineer. This goal will be achieved through a combination of technical training, four challenging work placements and development activities such as:
- Working closely with other teams in a variety of development stages within our weapons systems including both embedded and front end software development on a range of platforms, such as Windows and Linux, utilising C, C++, C# and Java.
- Ensuring the functional and technical robustness of project deliverables
- Owning responsibility for the creation and maintenance of technical documentation.
- Working with other departments within the company, learning a general overview of the business.
You'll get exposure to all aspects of a software development lifecycle, a chance to collaborate with others in the annual multi-national Software Engineering Challenge, and opportunities to travel.What we're looking for from you
Degree qualified in an Engineering (incl. General, Mechanical, Manufacturing/Production, Aeronautical/Aerospace, Electrical/Electronic, and Software) or Computing, Maths, Physics or Astronomy discipline.Our Business
We value new perspectives, collaboration, and diversity. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.