Weapon System Simulation & Experimentation Engineer - Graduate Programme MBDA is a leading defence organisation that is proud to support our Armed Forces in protecting our nations. We collaborate with governments to achieve a shared goal of defending our freedom.Salary
: £30,000 plus a £3000 joining bonus.Closing date for this role is midnight on Thursday 16th NovemberWhat we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern:
- 2 year programme starting September 2024
- Company bonus and twice yearly salary reviews
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase) and up to 15 days flexi leave
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals and free car parking
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- Flexible working
Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working, but this will depend on project requirements and the need for access to specific site facilities. Some projects may require full time attendance on site whereas others may need 2-3 days per week.The Opportunity
The Weapon System Simulation & Experimentation (WSSE) department designs and develops leading-edge software applications used to support battlefield simulations for National and International Customers in the Land, Air and Sea domains.
The simulations we develop evolve in-line with the lifecycle of the programmes: from concept demonstrations with customers and stakeholders, to Integration Trials & Training with in-service operators. This means you will get to work with a variety of different teams!
Our simulations are at the forefront of problem solving across a broad spectrum of MBDA's programmes, focusing on improving MBDA's Agility and Time to Market.
WSSE is a dynamic department across our Stevenage and Bristol sites with a diverse team of engineers working together to deliver across a wide range of projects at every point in the programme lifecycle. You will have the opportunity to broaden and strengthen your skills from experts in synthetic environments.
Be a part of our development teams developing, integrating and deploying our simulation components across the business. Experience presenting to, and working with, our customers and stakeholders to iteratively improve our products to final delivery. You will be involved in:
Your role will give you:
- Assisting key projects, alongside highly experienced engineers, across parts of the MBDA development lifecycle
- Working with other areas of the business such as Integration & Systems Validation, Human Factors, Future Systems, Customer Support Services and Sales & Business Development
- Working directly with customer representatives and military personnel in order to both extend and demonstrate our current and future capabilities
What we're looking for from you
- Experience of software development methodologies, including Agile and Waterfall
- Training for new programming languages and software tools
- Experience integrating software applications together and deployment onto hardware environments
- Experience exchanging software components with other software and modelling teams
- Opportunity to develop and test code within professional software development teams
- Opportunity to gain an understanding of the company process for delivering our products to our Customers, including the test and certification process
Experience of some of the following would be advantageous:
- Degree qualified in a Physics, Mathematical studies, Engineering or Computing discipline (minimum 2.2)
- Programming experience from degree or personal projects
- Software Engineering
- System Engineering
- Object-orientated Programming in C-like Languages (C++, C#, Java)
- Development Environments (Visual Studio, Eclipse)
- Networking & Networking Protocols
- Algorithms (Flight dynamics, rotational geometry)
We value new perspectives, collaboration, and diversity. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.