MBDA is a leading defence organisation that is proud to support our Armed Forces in protecting our nations. We collaborate with governments to achieve a shared goal of defending our freedom.Salary: Circa £60k depending on experience.This is a 12 month Fixed Term ContractWhat we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern
- Bonus of up to 21% of base salary
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
- We may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working such as 3 days in the office (on average).The opportunity:
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a proven leader who is passionate about managing the performance and development of our people. An engineering appreciation is beneficial for some aspects of the role, but a passion, focus, drive and vision to lead a team to deliver successfully is most important.
This is a great opportunity to join Electronics Engineering organisation on a 12 month fixed term contact for the next 12 months and play a major role in shaping its future.
Your role will be to:
What we're looking for from you:
- Support/Lead change programmes to meet a dynamic environment delivering equipment critical to the defence of our nation and its front line forces.
- Deliver high quality development and performance evaluations in order to maximise the potential of our people for today and for the future.
- Lead the development and harmonisation of processes that are fit for the rapid development of cutting edge technologies.
- Monitor, review and report progress against technical and schedule deadlines with support from a technical delivery leads and functional team leaders.
- With the help of our Technical Expert community, reinforce technical excellence through robust design activity.
- Support the recruitment process to meet our workload and skills needs.
- Motivate people/teams to pull together to deliver through challenging technical and time bound environments
Leaders! People who have:
What's in it for you?
- Experience of leading teams and individuals
- Experience of defining, implementing and embedding strategic direction by providing a clarity of vision and mission.
- Ability to lead and drive collaboration across multi-disciplinary teams to ensure on time, on cost, on quality delivery.
- Experience of various management tasks - recruitment, onboarding, performance, development etc.
Join a great team!
- An opportunity to deliver real greatness. Our people are our greatest assets and we want to nurture them to be the best they can.
- You will get the best leadership support available. We know how important it is to have the support you need to operate in a high profile role such as this so we invest in industry leading courses and develop our own training with the support of the best training providers in the country.
- Development that is only limited by you. If you have the ability and desire then the sky's the limit.
We are the best at what we do. When properly supported our people can do extraordinary things and so can you.
Pride. We love our jobs. What we do is important to us, to our families and to our nation. We excel because we want to ensure freedom of choice and expression.
Support. We all need a steer, a little advice. No business does this better. You will get the support of a mentor network, a people management community (who offer leadership support through focus groups and hosting internationally renowned experts in leadership) and peers and the people you are there to support will support you. We work better as a team and when you join our team you will be made welcome.
We strive to be better. We encourage you to teach us, and if you are great at what you do we want you to share your knowledge and experience to help us improve.Our Business
We value new perspectives, collaboration, and diversity. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.