Stevenage MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary:
up to £48K dependent on experience + bonus + benefitsWhat we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Possible relocation available
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
MBDA prides itself on providing missile weapon systems tailored to meet our customer's needs. To do that we are always interested in System Design Engineers to join our teams in Bristol developing integrated system solutions for a variety of naval and land platforms.
As part of the team you will be steering the development of the weapon systems by working to understand the customer needs and context of use and hence devise the most effective solutions by balancing performance, cost and time.What we're looking for
We have opportunities at a variety of levels across a number of projects. So if you feel you have the systems engineering skills we are looking for or have any experience of designing, integrating and certifying complex systems in a land or naval context then get in touch. Any of the following are of interest:
What's in it for you?
- Ideally degree-qualified (or equivalent) in an engineering, science or maths
- Experience of multiple aspects of the system engineering lifecycle on complex projects
- Ability to apply engineering judgement to systems design and verification activities
- Effective communicator able to adapt style according to audience and influence a range of stakeholders
- Use of a requirements management tool such as DOORS
- Use of SysML or UML
- You'll be working in a customer-focused team striving to deliver world-beating solutions
- Kick-start your career by making a difference and taking advantage of numerous informal/formal learning & development opportunities
- Exposure to the full development lifecycle from initial concept to in-service
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.