MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom. Salary:
up to £52K dependent on experience + bonus + benefitsWhat we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Possible relocation available
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working The opportunity:
Join the Networked Land Ceptor (NLC) team and work to support the British Army in realising the full potential of its latest Ground Based Air Defence capability, or help tailor this capability for the needs of emerging export customers. In either case, you'll be building on world-class design: incorporating new ideas, functionality and technology to deliver to our customers.
This role is specific to joining the NLC Systems team; delivering enhanced functionality and support to Land Ceptor programmes. This role will draw on the successful candidate's system design skills and experiences, with the ability to grow their verification and trial planning knowledge in order to support formal certification of Land Ceptor products.
Day to day the role includes analysing proposed solutions, influencing the verification approach required to achieve certification of the core sub-systems, and the organisation of evidence production, generation and review.
The successful candidate will be comfortable adapting themselves and their approach to the challenge at hand; they will maintain vision amongst complexity and be adept at communicating this vision to drive, engage and influence partners.
The role will have real impact on what we deliver to our customers, current and future, and in return will provide you: the opportunity to work independently across the company; genuine engineering challenges, and broad professional growth.What we're looking for from you:
- A capable Systems Engineering practitioner, ideally with experience across the full Systems Engineering lifecycle;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with technical specialists, partner teams and senior management;
- Past experience coordinating a team from diverse engineering, would be highly beneficial
- Ideally, experience of the writing, management and verification of requirements, including the use of IBM DOORS software
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.