Location(s): UK, Europe & Africa : UK : Gloucester || UK, Europe & Africa : UK : Guildford || UK, Europe & Africa : UK : Leeds || UK, Europe & Africa : UK : Manchester
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,500 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 10 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments. Role summary
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic individual with excellent technical and client-facing skills, to act a solution architect and technical delivery lead for national scale cyber defence solutions. This ranges from strategic architecture design for national cyber authorities through to small enterprise CERTs/SOCs and Managed Security Services' SOCs. This role is situated within our National Security Business but may be required to work internationally thus extensive travel for several weeks or sometimes months may be involved from time to time. The candidate must have SC clearance as a minimum and be prepared to undergo DV clearance.
Find out more about our award winning Cyber Security solutions: http://www.baesystems.com/en/cybersecurity/solutions/by-business-objective/detect-and-monitor-for-cyber-attacks What you’ll be doing
What we’re looking for
- You will be responsible for implementing solutions across people, process and technology with top-tier Government clients.
- You will engage with the customer to understand their requirements and design cyber security solutions to meet their needs throughout the design - delivery lifecycle. On client site you will direct a team (and contribute hands-on) to install, configure and integrate the solution with the client's systems (building client-specific extensions as required), before testing to assure the quality of the deliverable and finally handing-over the solution to the customer.
- You will help grow and evolve our delivery capability by documenting the delivery processes, feeding back lessons learned and working with the wider team in establishing best practices and repeatable processes. You will feed back requirements that you have captured during the project continually to product management teams to help to steer the business' product roadmap.
- You will work with sales executives, technical project managers, engineers, solution architects, as well as the end-customer. Given the international client delivery focus of this role, flexibility in our designs and delivery methodologies is essential to ensure timely delivery to the customer’s satisfaction. You will travel internationally to work on-site across our global client-base.
- You will develop an in-depth technical understanding of our Cyber Security product suite, and will build excellent relationships with our customers, such that they see you as the SME and their primary point-of-contact for technical matters.
- Solution Architects are responsible for architecting solutions to meet the needs of BAE clients. Solution architects ensure that solutions developed within delivery programmes are fit-for-purpose.
- Solution architects select and tailor the engineering processes that are used to develop the solution and govern the technical quality of the work as it is executed. As expert communicators with deep knowledge in more than one discipline, they coordinate the activities of engineering specialists to develop a design and work with Software Engineers and Service professionals to deliver enduring capability.
- Solution Architects must deliver solutions with consideration of through-life solution operation such as operational support and management, integration, change and extension, migration and re-platforming, productisation, re-use, withdrawal/retirement and disposal.
- Leads the development of solution architectures, ensuring consistency with specified requirements agreed with both external and internal customers.
- Responsible for defining and managing the solution engineering approach.
- Oversees and assures the implementation of the design in collaboration with other design team members such as Application Architects, Infrastructure Architects, System and Software Designers, Data Architects, Security Architects and Functional Architects.
- Ensure that the design meets key functional and non-functional requirements and will allow the operational and through-life scenarios required for the solution to be satisfied.
- Owns and manages technical and solution risks. Works to reduce and mitigate at earliest practical opportunity
- Leads estimation efforts to rapidly develop an understanding of potential solution costs and delivery timescales including appropriate Service regimes for solutions in production operation
- Retains overall ownership of solution through delivery and transition into operation and/or subsequent refinement, or modification.
- Ensures that appropriate standards (corporate, industry, national and international) are adhered to.
- Works with quality and test management functions to ensure that proposed test strategies and approaches are fit-for-purpose.
- Works with Delivery Assurance functions to agree how the quality and progress of a given solution delivery should be tracked, and acts an expert resource to support interventions on projects where solution quality or progress has become an issue.
- Experience in building and delivering Cyber Security solutions, integrating systems and developing the associated processes and procedures, and an understanding of the cyber security threat landscape.
- Detailed knowledge of Cyber Security product landscape, with core knowledge on Azure and AWS security
- Previous experience working in a Security Operating Centre including a background in SOC design and/or operation.
- Experienced in deriving and updating security use cases for use on SIEM and analytics platforms and onboarding organisations to a SOC. Knowledge of Splunk would be advantageous
- Experienced engineer that is capable of maintaining high levels of configuration control, quality assurance and producing and following standard design patterns
- Experience with working with end users and clients offering advice, guidance and thought leadership.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and client-facing skills, including Microsoft Office suite use (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Visio), ensuring a clear and professional quality of written materials.
- Time management and organizational skills to independently manage multiple delivery projects concurrently.
- Detail-oriented approach.
- ITIL, and authoring/directing the development and implementation of Service Management systems including case management solution such as Service now.
- Thought leadership at senior levels in designing and setting strategy for advanced cyber defence detection systems.
- Cloud architecture experience
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- Apache Hadoop (or other Big Data platforms) and the wider Hadoop ecosystem including Kafka or Spark
- Infrastructure administration, for example
- Server hardware and or networking hardware and installation/configuration.
- Linux System/Network administration (CentOS/Red Hat or Ubuntu) and/or Microsoft Windows System/Network administration
- Web Servers (preferably Apache HTTPD).
- Database Servers (preferably PostgreSQL).
- VMware (or other virtualisation platforms).
- Security products (SIEM, SOAR, Vulnerability scanners, XDR and NDR tools)
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.