Mechanical Engineer - Graduate ProgrammeMBDA is a leading defence organisation that is proud to support our Armed Forces in protecting our nations. We collaborate with governments to achieve a shared goal of defending our freedom.Salary: £30,000 starting salary plus £3000 joining bonus.Closing date for this role is midnight on Thursday 16th NovemberWhat we can offer you:
- 2 year programme starting September 2024
- Company bonus and twice yearly salary reviews
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase) and up to 15 days flexi leave
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals and free car parking
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- Flexible working
The team operates a flexible working model allowing you to work at home where it is possible, however the nature of the job we will often require you to be onsite to access specific facilities and resources.The Opportunity
The Mechanical Engineering department develops physical solutions from concept through development and certification to production on missiles and weapon systems.
Our team is at the forefront of defence, working alongside highly qualified engineers and technical specialists, to deliver key multinational defence projects. The nature of complex weapons and the environments they operate in present an extensive scope of unique and interesting mechanical engineering challenges. You could be working across Internal Research or Design and Analysis, through to Integration, Tooling and Testing.
As a graduate joining our team you'll be working in a supportive and collaborative working environment and benefit from a range of support networks including a mentor, and a Peer Contact who will be a member of your peer group to show you the ropes and act as a point of contact for informal questions. You'll also benefit from:
- Hands on work experience in all placements; interaction with hardware is actively encouraged to help further understanding of the product.
- Wide knowledge base and range of experiences can be found in all departments
- Opportunity to collaborate with MBDA on a group level.
- You will be contributing to meaningful work from the outset; all work is relevant to a project.
You could experience placements in some of the following areas:Mechanical Design
- During a typical Mechanical Design placement you can expect to be involved in all stages of design from concept development through to manufacture. This role may rely on CAD tools and give you the opportunity to be involved in laboratory test programs.Mechanical Future Concepts
- A chance to be involved in ground breaking missile technology through the early stages of the product lifecycle including concept development and R&D studies.Mechanical Analysis
- A Mechanical Analysis placement gives you the opportunity to support the design process through the use of FEA tools and laboratory testing for both stress and thermal analysis.Actuation Systems
- Working in a multidisciplinary team on the electro-mechanical design of fin, wing and seeker actuation system. Work for a Mechanical Engineering role is broadly similar to a Mechanical Design placement with the possibility of working in an international team.Materials and Processes Group
- Responsible for informing design teams choice of materials and processes, a chance to get involved in research of novel materials and practical lab based assessments.What we're looking for from you
- Degree qualified in an Engineering discipline (incl. General, Mechanical, Production/Manufacturing, Aeronautical/Aerospace and Electrical/Electronics), or Physics, Astronomy, Materials Science or Technology Degree discipline.
We value new perspectives, collaboration, and diversity. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.