Motion Control Lead Engineer
Science and Technology Facilities Council
Salary: £51,500 - £65,650 per annum (dependent on skills and experience)
Hours: Full time
Contract Type: Open Ended
Location: Science and Technology Facilities Council, Rutherford Appleton Laboratory Harwell, Oxfordshire
Come and do the kind of engineering that made you want to be an engineer.
As one of the world’s leading science facilities, the ISIS Neutron and Muon source provides and service for academic researchers and industrial users to probe the atomic and molecular structure of some of the most advanced materials on the planet. The facility is underpinned by team of highly skilled and dedicated technical staff, designing, delivering and maintaining the bespoke and cutting edge equipment used by the facility.
Leading and managing the ISIS Design Division Motion Control team, you will be responsible for the top level design, project management and delivery of bespoke motion control systems. At the higher level, you will be responsible for the overall strategy and policy for the delivery of motion control systems for the facility, and be a focal point for leadership in this technical area across the STFC organisation and our international partners.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- BSc, BEng degree or higher in a relevant engineering discipline
- A strong working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and control design engineering along
- Proven track record of agreeing technical specifications, and delivering reliable, high accuracy motion control systems
- Safety is of paramount importance at ISIS, so significant experience of machinery and electrical design standards and their best practice application
- Developing and agreeing policies on appropriate implementation of safety aspects around motion systems, often with little or no president, is also expected at the higher level.
For the full advert and criteria please click apply.
We are offering a permanent position with a whole host of benefits including:
- 30 days holiday (in addition to 10.5 bank holidays and privilege days).
- Flexible working hours. An excellent defined average salary pension scheme.
- Employee shopping/travel discounts.
- Excellent learning and development opportunities.
How to apply
To see more details and to apply please click apply. Applicants are required to provide a CV and Cover Letter providing evidence of how they meet each of the essential criteria.
The Closing date 16th October 2023