Stevenage MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.This role can be at varied levels so will have a salary range of £35,000 - £50,000What we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Possible relocation available
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working-
such as 2-3 days in the office at your assigned home site.The opportunity:
MBDA is a large engineering organisation that takes a disciplined approach to product development and test, in order to maintain our market leading reputation in Missiles and Missile Systems. Through our test and testability policy, we ensure robustness in the test and data analysis regime for development, integration, manufacturing and in-service products, across an increasing portfolio of projects.
The Test Equipment and Testability mission is to:
What we're looking for from you:
- Deliver world-class Test Solutions, Environment Simulators and Emulators internally to MBDA as well as to our Customer's Armed Forces
- Contribute to MBDA's international Weapon System Test Equipment Strategy, bringing the UK perspective to bear and balancing the need for technology re-use with the need to exploit emerging technology trends
- Apply the Weapon System Test Equipment and Testability Strategies to all new programmes, as well as through-life enhancement upgrades.
You will work with and coordinate the task packages for both internal and external suppliers to develop and deliver products or technology to our Customers. In this role, the focus is on Test Equipment and Testability where those products are test solutions, simulators and emulators. This is a varied role ranging from developing requirements through to being in a design lab, supporting the acceptance of a test solution and ensuring products can be tested thoroughly and accurately. Either way, you will quickly see the results of your efforts in the realisation of Test Solutions that you can associate with your Engineering ability.
For this role, you should be able to demonstrate your ability to:
- Define clear requirements and acceptance criteria
- Develop and understand interface specifications
- Understand and contribute to the key activities in the engineering development lifecycle
- Manage schedule, cost, quality and performance metrics for assigned work packages
- Work within a multi-discipline engineering team (e.g. Systems, mechanical, electrical, software etc...)
- Understand the benefits of re-use versus new development
- Capture transversal engineering partner needs (e.g. Safety, Cyber, Human Factors, Customer Support Services, etc)
In addition, as your knowledge and experience grows, you may be expected to run peer and design reviews as well as limit technical risks through application of mitigation strategies.
If you have a practical mind and you are able to apply logic in challenging or complex situations, then this role could be for you. Candidates do not necessarily need to have an engineering test background to be successful in this role.Join a great team:
Weapon System Equipment plays a key role in the development and delivery of MBDA's products to our Customers. We operate across the full range of Operational Commands including Land, Naval, Airborne and, increasingly the Novel Capability domains ensuring MBDA's systems remain at the forefront of defence capability. We specialise in providing physical design coherency across Weapon Systems for all phases of the development cycle and ultimately responsible for the system elements that our end users interact with. Initiatives undertaken by Weapon System Equipment have transformed the way in which the company delivers products. Our presence in the company is expanding and Weapon System Equipment would like to recruit people who want to expand their knowledge and grow their network with like-minded engineers.
Roles within the team include Graduates, Engineering Practitioners, Requirement Authorities, Physical System Architects, Head of Sub-System, Product Owners, Technical Experts and Chief Design Engineers, who ensure hardware design coherency for all of our Weapon Systems and provide you with the opportunity for career development as your experience grows within the team.Our Business:
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role! Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above!