MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary:
£38,000 - £55,000 dependent on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Possible relocation available
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote workingThe Opportunity
CAMM, the Common Anti-Air Modular Missile is the latest generation air defence missile designed for land and sea in the Ground-Based Air Defence (Land Ceptor) and Naval-Based Air Defence (Sea Ceptor) domains. The Land and Sea Ceptor Weapon Systems are in-service products comprised of multiple sub-systems, each performing a vital role within the weapon system. MBDA are looking for a Verification Engineer to join the Launch Management System team, which is a key component managing the safe operation and launch of the missiles.What we're looking for:
The role of a Verification Engineer is to work across the systems, software, and hardware domains to own the verification domain and deliver evidence to support critical deliveries to customers. You will be expected to run the verification activities as well as supporting the resolution of queries from customers and other areas of the business.
This exciting role, includes development of test procedures against systems & software requirements, creation of test strategies, operating within laboratories with the hardware, and test systems, supporting the acceptance and certification of the product, and ensuring technical publications are valid.
As a Verification Engineer, you should be able to:
- Understand and perform the verification stages of the design lifecycle.
- Define clear test procedures and strategies.
- Work within a team environment.
- Own tasks and deliver results, managing activities of the verification team.
- Use DOORS (or similar engineering requirements capture tools) to manage verification scenarios, test procedures, and evidence collection.
- Work within a laboratory environment with software and electronic equipment.
- Validate technical publications against product requirements and behaviour.
In addition, as your knowledge and experience grows, you may be expected to:
- Manage individual work packages assigned to you
- Run peer and design reviews
- Limit technical risks through application of mitigation strategies
- Champion system engineering processes and toolsets
- Grow your professional network through our multi-national defence organisation
Our Mission is to:
- Deliver world-class Systems, Subsystems and Equipment to our Customers Armed Forces
- Contribute to MBDA's international Weapon System Equipment Strategy, bringing the UK perspective to bear and balancing the need for technology re-use with the need to exploit emerging technology trends
- Apply the Weapon system Equipment Strategy to all new programmes, as well as through-life enhancement upgrades.
We specialise in providing physical design coherency across Weapon Systems for all phases of the development cycle and are ultimately responsible for the system elements that our end users interact with. Initiatives undertaken by Weapon System Equipment have transformed the way in which the company delivers products. Our presence in the company is expanding and Weapon System Equipment would like to recruit people who want to expand their knowledge and grow their network with like-minded engineers.
The roles we offer are tailored to meet the needs of the business, projects and individuals; matching your knowledge, skills and experience to ensure you can perform at your maximum potential. It is expected that you will form a wide partner community base within MBDA UK and, as your career develops, the wider European community to not only deliver our products today but help us prepare for the future.
Roles within the team include Graduates, Engineering Practitioners, Requirement Authorities, Physical System Architects, Head of Sub-System, Product Owners, Technical Experts and Chief Design Engineers, who ensure hardware design coherency for all of our Weapon Systems and provide you with the opportunity for career development as your experience grows within the team.Our Business:
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team!
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above!