About the Role
Base Location: Glasgow, Perth, Inverness, Reading, Havant, London, and Dublin.
Salary: £51,600- £77,400 + performance-related bonus and a range of other benefits to support your family, finances, and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
The Digital Ventures team is here to support the SSE Renewables business achieve its objectives for growth, optimisation, and sustainability. Our single mission is "to help everyone in the SSE Renewables business to access and use the digital tools and services they need to be able to fly". We do this by driving cultural change towards a Digital First mindset, providing access to advanced data services, and taking a disruptive approach to innovation. Our entrepreneurial attitude is what sets us apart and allows us to try what others may fear to. As Data Management Lead, you will join a multi-functional Data & AI Services team within Digital Ventures.
- Drive data democratisation across SSE Renewables by championing the benefits of a data-driven business, developing a deep understanding of our data estate, current and future use cases, and ensuring our data systems and architectures enable discoverability, sharing and use of data.
- Educate our people to the benefits of mature and effective data management, empower ownership and stewardship communities, and work with a diverse range of business and SSE Group stakeholders to lead the design of fit-for-purpose policies, processes, standards, and frameworks.
- Manage SSE Renewables data governance organisation, ensuring it is appropriately resourced to maximise impact. Establish and lead working groups on key data issues, define improvement plans, and monitor progress and value realised. Deliver data assurance as a service to monitor data quality.
- Refine requirements, manage implementation, and continuously improve data governance tooling for cataloguing, lineage tracking, business glossary development, access control, and data quality monitoring.
- Represent SSE Renewables at SSE Group and cross-industry initiatives to ensure our views are heard. Own data sharing services, including with external parties. Undertake regular reporting of data management progress to stakeholders. Collaborate with information management specialists.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- A relevant degree and extensive experience of working in a data management or governance role, or equivalent experience in related roles such as data analyst or data architect.
- Extensive experience of using data governance tooling, working with structured and unstructured data, and working with a wide range of data systems, ideally including cloud technologies.
- A passion for data democratisation and the determination, confidence, and experience to propose and deliver change that challenges established mindsets and ways of working.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, with a demonstrable ability to manage a wide range of activities in parallel.
- Ability to build strong relationships, work effectively as part of a multi-functional team, and deliver project activity in a timely fashion.
About our Business
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
Whats in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact David on 01738 275846.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.