Customer Support and Services Engineer - Graduate ProgrammeMBDA is a leading defence organisation that is proud to support our Armed Forces in protecting our nations. We collaborate with governments to achieve a shared goal of defending our freedom.Salary
: £30,000 plus a £3000 joining bonus.Closing date for this role is midnight on Thursday 16th NovemberWhat we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern:
- 2 year programme starting September 2024
- Company bonus and twice yearly salary reviews
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase) and up to 15 days flexi leave
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals and free car parking
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- Flexible working
Typically our teams work onsite 2 days per week, working from home for the remainder of the week. We have a flexible approach to where we work so it is possible to work onsite more frequently.The Opportunity
Customer Support and Services (CSS) is the MBDA customer facing organisation working with the Royal Navy, Army and Royal Air Force (RAF). We make sure our products are ready for action when they are required!
We have overall responsibility for the definition, development and delivery of support and service packages for all MBDA products, with the aim of continually being able to meet our customers' requirements.
Within this department you'll see work right the way from concept phase through to disposal of a product - you'll even have opportunity to influence the design of what we produce to ensure it is supportable through its life!
Our Customers are incredibly important to us and you will be on hand to ensure that their requirements are met and the reputation of MBDA continues to prosper.
The diverse nature of CSS means that there is the opportunity to work in very different roles and gain a broad understanding of the company, its products and our customers.
- Design and developing the support solution
- Investigate and resolve customer raised problem reports
- Delivering specific engineering tasks
- Running equipment workshops with Royal Navy, Army and RAF Users, Develop Technical publications and training
- Assist in repairs which could be on-ship, at Customer premises or back at MBDA, there are plenty of chances to get out of the office and hands-on with equipment!
You'll complete 3 x 6-month placements in areas of CSS;
- Supportability engineering - work in a development team on a new product.
- Support engineering - work on a product currently in-Service with a Customer
- Support Services - work with the Field Support & Training/Technical Publications/Supply teams.
A final placement can be in a department external to CSS; Engineering, Business or even external to MBDA, e.g. a secondment to the Ministry of Defence, a sub-contractor or even a defence think tank.What we're looking for from you
Degree qualified in any Engineering discipline (minimum 2.2).Our Business
We value new perspectives, collaboration, and diversity. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.