AWE have new opportunities for Senior Systems Engineers (Warhead Containers)
We have opportunities for Senior Systems Engineers with experience in leadership for project / product delivery. A strong background in; MBSE, Requirements development, Architectural Definition and Verification and Validation is essential to the role.
The successful candidates will be required to apply their systems engineering expertise to provide strategic direction and leadership in delivery to support the future Warhead Container capabilities within the warhead engineering programme. In addition, as part of the Warhead Containers team, there will be opportunities to lead / support current in-service projects. This role will offer great career development opportunities across technical, team and project leadership.
Senior Systems Engineers (Warhead Containers)
Location: Reading Area (Office based)
Salary: £44,990 - £67,400 (dependent on experience)
Closing date: 9th October 2023
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work)
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts - access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing - more information available on our careers site
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
- Potential opportunities to travel with work for conferences and collaboration
Candidates will need to be self-motivated, delivery focused engineers, capable of both leading and working within a team, engaging with various stakeholders from different disciplines, internal and external to the nuclear weapons enterprise.
This division of Warhead Engineering is responsible for maintaining the current container system, ensuring it is safe, secure, serviceable and meets the demands of both internal and external stakeholders, as well as supporting the development of a future container system. The team works on multiple projects from the concept phase, into service and through to disposal and are responsible for:
- Ownership and Design Management of the current container system
- Through life management of the current container system and its associated design
- Carrying out Verification and Validation activities (including both onsite and offsite trials management)
- Developing capabilities for future container systems and investigating new verification methods
- Stakeholder Engagement with other (international and domestic) government agencies and regulators
- Ensure the enterprise has the required capabilities to support the enduring container programme
These are excellent and exciting opportunities to join a multi-disciplinary team with a range of experiences. These roles will provide the successful candidates with a wider appreciation of the UK's nuclear weapon enterprise, responsibility in delivering CASD and cross enterprise engagement at all levels.
To be considered for these roles, you will have a degree or higher qualification in an engineering discipline or proven equivalent experience working in a similar environment. An appreciation of Systems Engineering methods, MBSE tools and processes will be required.
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to undertake occasional travel.