Stevenage MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: Up to circa £53,000 depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working; typically 3 days per week on site.The opportunity:Are you an experienced RF Systems Engineer?
If so this exciting role within our growing Data link Systems organisation here at MBDA which provides a world leading missile data link capability could be just for you!
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an RF Systems Lead Engineer, to join the team. Responsible for leading engineering work on a weapons system product program, collaborating with both suppliers and customers, and providing technical leadership for other RF systems engineers.
This will include:
- Managing external suppliers with procurement team support
- Technical leadership of junior engineers
- Systems design
- Requirements definition and management
- Leading design reviews across the product lifecycle
- Leading all aspects of the transition of development hardware into production
- Leading technical investigations
- Work package scheduling
This is a rapidly developing product area within MBDA, with many exciting opportunities to work on both new and established products.
Our teams have a common goal for the delivery of product design solutions that meets the customer's requirements to the schedule and cost agreed. You'll be able to significantly contribute to meeting the expectations of both MBDA and the customer.
Our projects offer you the opportunity to work with a specialist team developing and managing technically challenging technology within MBDA.
We are also able to consider candidates looking for a flexible working pattern within these roles.What we're looking for from you:
- You'll have an understanding of RF technology, at minimum at a systems level. Ideally you will be degree qualified in a STEM subject.
- You will have a strong background in systems engineering across the full product life cycle together with experience of managing suppliers; customer facing skill are also highly desirable.
- You'll have the ability to work autonomously within a multi-skilled team with a good understanding and dedication to achieving project goals.
- You should also have experience in performing technical investigations, providing problem assessments, and proposing design solutions within a culture of innovative thinking.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note:
MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.