MBDA is a leading defence organisation.We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary:
up to £65,000 depending on experience.What we can offer:
Hybrid working pattern:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days additional days flexi leave
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and much more.....
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- We may be able to offer a relocation package for this role.
We trust our people to agree, within their teams, where and when they can be most effective. Due to the nature of this role, it is mostly office based, Stevenage, with some possibility of home working.Senior Software Engineer The opportunity!
Technology matters more at MBDA. Our ever-evolving team powers the business across Europe and brings the next generation of defence solutions to life. Together we experiment, innovate and create across the full product lifecycle. And, in a collaborative and close-knit culture, we support each other to search for better. Join us as an Embedded Software Engineer and take our technology and your career into new territories.
Seeker software is a complex real-time sub-component of a Missile, responsible for consuming data from a variety of advanced sensors and interfacing to other sub-equipment on-board a missile.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced hands-on Software Engineer to join our Seeker software team to develop the Seeker Test Set (STS) software and support the development of the real-time embedded seeker software through the full software lifecycle. The STS software is test equipment software that is used in both the lab and the field to test the operational embedded software and support DSPU development and trials. Working as a software engineer as part of a multi-disciplinary team (hardware/software/firmware) with state of the art technology, you will be at the forefront of missile systems design.What we're looking for from you:
Do you have demonstrable experience and have a proactive-desire to nurture your career in the following areas:
Other exciting aspects of the role might include:
- GUI software development using QT/Linux
- Strong ‘C' or C++ Programming
- Network architectures
- Communication Protocols (e.g. SPI, UART, Ethernet, PCI-Express)
- Ability to work proactively as part of a larger multi-disciplinary team
- Strong problem solving at system and software component level to investigate software/hardware issues
- System integration and performance analysis
- Working in a lab environment using Missile components and Test Equipment
- Model-based development, either in SysML/UML using tools such as IBM's Rhapsody or in Matlab/Simulink.
- Real Time Operating Systems.
- Low level driver development and interface with Firmware
- Developing software products under Windows development environments for ARM based multi-core processing platforms.
- Involvement in standards such as; DefStan 00-55 & RTCA 178B/C and restricted coding standards such as MISRA.
- Exposure to IBM Rational Team Concert.
- Continuous Integration (Jenkins) and Test Driven Development.
We're a wonderful place to learn. You'll be supported to hone your skills across the full development lifecycle - working with unique technologies to support some of the world's most advanced defence systems.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note:
MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.