Media Developer (2D)
HMS Collingwood, Fareham
The Future Training Unit is looking for a Media Developer (2D) who will be responsible for the development of creative design solutions and visual concepts to produce a wide range of multimedia work to support training and contractual requirements within a military environment.The ideal candidate will have a background in media design for electronic formats, is comfortable working within a standardized development environment, thinks creatively, is confident, excels in a collaborative team atmosphere, and is detail oriented.You'll have a professional attitude, ability to follow technical and workflow processes, and solid communication skills are essential. Main duties include:
- To produce 2D media for RN training courses in accordance with the Media production process, and FTU Style Guide
- To produce media in accordance with best practice in areas of Graphic Design, Multi-Media, Photography, Video, and Video Editing.
- Creation of media and animation sequences exploiting effective asset management and workflow. Visualising and planning of media along a timeline.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply with Raytheon and MoD policies.
- Carry out any other reasonable task such as assisting the other areas within the Raytheon when required.
- Employees are responsible for their own Health and Safety and that of work colleagues and customers.
- The nature of Royal Navy training requires a high degree of flexibility for all Raytheon (Team Fisher) staff; there may be a requirement for travel to other sites within the UK
- Experience in creating and developing media content with intermediate levels of proficiency in the Adobe Creative Cloud suite of design tools, specifically; Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects.
- Able to undertake effective analysis and interpretation of a design brief to produce storyboards incorporating graphics, images, text and time-based media to achieve the training requirement.
- Must be organized and work well both independently and in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to comprehend/interpret technical and non-technical information and apply it to visual media and animations.
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects in a deadline-oriented environment.
- To effectively communicate with stakeholders outside of the media team in order to gather technical information necessary for media requirements.
- The successful candidate must be able to qualify for SC security clearance.
- Knowledge of web design standards, responsive design and UI / UX design.
- Audio and Video editing skills.
- Experience in using a DSLR camera and image editing.
- Understanding of Quality Assurance procedures.
Ideally you'll have a qualification in Digital Media, Graphic Design or a related field at the minimum grade of QCF Level 6 (Degree) or equivalent. About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester and a presence across customer sites together with remote working practices. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs over 2,000 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across its core mission areas Weapons & Sensors, and Cyber, Space & Training. Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business. Standard Benefits:
- 25 days holiday (increasing to 27 days) + statutory public holidays.
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution).
- 6 times salary 'Life Assurance'.
- Flexible Benefits scheme.
- Enhanced family friendly policies.
- 37hr standard working week, with an early finish on Fridays whilst operating a
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: At Raytheon UK, we're committed to be building a workforce that represents the true diversity of Britain where all of our colleagues feel enabled to deliver the best work of their lives. We're proud to be an equal opportunities employer who selects the very best candidates for the job. We truly value the diversity of our workforce work hard to create an inclusive environment where our colleagues can bring the unique skills, experiences and ideas to the table to help us grow our business, create innovative solutions and develop our people. Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) act as the eyes and ears into the community they represent and support us in building a truly inclusive business. Our ERGs are open to all colleagues, regardless of background, and include: Raytheon Women's Network, RayPride, Young Employees Success Network, Raytheon Veterans Network, Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities and RayBAME. All applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other characteristic. If you need us to make any adjustments to support you during our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to help.