SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £18 billion in low carbon projects to 2027, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen, Inverness, Reading or Havant.
Salary: £51,600 - £77,400 + performance-related bonus and a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
We have a brilliant opportunity for an experienced IT Infrastructure Project Manager to join our Infrastructure and Platforms Team to support the delivery of our Infrastructure Services and Transformation projects. In an exciting period of growth, we have an increasing number of complex and challenging infrastructure projects to develop and deliver. The Project Manager is a pivotal role in our Service Delivery Team so the successful candidate will play an important part in helping our transition towards Cloud based Services.
Key to the role is to manage the operational aspects of the delivery teams, ensuring risk, legal, security and other compliance requirements are met.
The Delivery Lead will be responsible for:
- Managing the end-to-end delivery of the project lifecycle and roadmap through use of relevant and best practice methodologies, ensuring effective control over costs and resourcing enabling delivery of business outcomes.
- Identifying and managing project, issues, risks and dependencies and deploys appropriate strategies for their management.
- Management of 3rd parties, ensuring alignment with SSE ways of working and values, acting as a routine contact point between organisation and supplier.
- Manage the delivery team across end-to-end project lifecycle to ensure that resultant systems/services deliver the specified outcomes and objectives, within budget and timescale.
- Manage successful transition to service, ensuring change lands well and meets business needs.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- To be able to demonstrate strong experience of managing and delivering multiple IT Infrastructure projects.
- Excellent Understanding of IT Technology and Platforms, such as ServiceNow and Azure.
- Understanding of Infrastructure Management and Monitoring tools such as SCOM, Splunk and Active Directory.
- Experience of third-party management, especially experience of working in multi-vendor environments within an outsourced delivery model.
- Good knowledge of ITIL Service Delivery processes (preferably with formal certification).
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills and be able to work with people at all levels.
About our Business
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact David on 01738 275846.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.