MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary: Up to £57,000 Depending on ExperienceWhat we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Possible relocation available
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
MBDA operates ‘Dynamic Working', a hybrid working system that allows employees to balance time between office working and home working. Note this role involve periods of working with highly classified material that can only be accessed when office working.The Role
MBDA is looking for an experienced systems engineer to lead the security design of the Sea Ceptor weapon system.
Sea Ceptor is a very successful, innovative, high profile maritime air defence system that is in-service with the Royal Navy and export customers. Security accreditation must be maintained in order to support continuing export sales and obsolescence issues.Job Description
The role is responsible for the security design of the Sea Ceptor weapon system. The System Lead for Security is the main point of contact between the Weapon Systems Team, MBDA SMEs, MoD and other partners. The Systems Lead is responsible for:
What we're looking for
- Maintaining a good working relationship with the security partner community including MoD.
- Initial technical assessment of security issues when they arise.
- Coordination with MBDA SMEs to respond to any issues and technical oversight of their resolution.
- Facilitating security meetings.
- Tasking of the MBDA InfoSec team.
- Facilitating annual security reviews.
- Updates to security documentation.
- Providing technical oversight of system and sub-system requirements, design documentation, interface specifications, and verification and certification activities.
- Co-ordinate inputs to support security re-accreditation including RMADS and support of MoD DART (Defence Assurance Risk Tool) submission.
- Supporting export security clearances for Sea Ceptor equipment.
- Supporting the generation of Trials Security Instructions (TSI) and obtaining MoD approvals.
- Delivering Sea Ceptor security briefings.
- Estimation of MBDA support costs for export security related matters.
- Review and maintenance of Sea Ceptor local security processes and procedures.
- Working in the Weapon Systems Team in a general System Engineering capacity.
What's in it for you?
- Awareness of Assured Capability.
- System Engineering background with an ability to understand hardware / software interactions.
- Good interpersonal and influencing skills, essential to working as part of a multi-disciplinary, multi-agency team.
- An appreciation of the Systems Engineering lifecycle including; Requirement elicitation, Identifying and managing key design drivers, Verification processes including certification.
- Experience of managing technical work package delivery.
- Ability to work proactively and flexibly; responding quickly when programme priorities change.
- Awareness of IBM RTC & DOORS would be beneficial.
The role will provide exposure to a wide variety of partners and requires an experienced System Engineer experienced with working across all parts of the Systems Engineering lifecycle.Our Business:
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above!