MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary: Up to £57,000 Depending on ExperienceWhat we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Possible relocation available
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Sea Ceptor is a very successful, growing, innovative, high profile maritime air defence system that has secured multiple UK and export contracts.
The Sea Ceptor Weapon Systems team is expanding and seeks System Engineers to work in this dynamic and challenging environment.
Pivotal to these roles is enabling the delivery of Sea Ceptor to multiple customers concurrently, whilst managing adaptations for an increasing number of export customers.
System Engineering positions are available supporting the sustainment and development of the Sea Ceptor Weapon System. This includes resolving technical issues and managing system architecture definition. The team is also involved in supporting trials, combat system integration, verification, safety, security and performance activities.
Depending on the candidate, one of the roles available could include the management of System Engineering activity for some Sea Ceptor contracts.Individuals may be involved in:
System level requirements, interfaces and architecture definition, including adaptation for new Sea Ceptor variants;
Understanding the impact of proposed changes on the design and performing trade studies to ensure the continued effectiveness of Sea Ceptor.
Technical resolution of in-service issues as they arise.
System level compliance and certification, including generation of System verification documentation.
Systems support to Sea Ceptor domestic and export programmes, including New Business opportunities, as required.
Supporting the Trials team both on site at MBDA and at off site locations.What we're looking for
What's in it for you?
- An appreciation of the Systems Engineering lifecycle including; Requirement elicitation, Identifying and managing key design drivers, Verification processes.
- Experience of systems integration (mechanical/electrical/software) and system interface definition.
- Awareness of RTC & DOORS would be beneficial.
- Ability to work proactively and flexibly across a number of concurrent programmes.
- Ability to respond quickly when programme priorities change.
- An effective team player with good interpersonal and influencing skills, essential to working as part of a multi-disciplinary team and in building cohesion in the relationships between the Systems team and various interfacing teams.
- Awareness of RTC & DOORS would be beneficial.
This role within Sea Ceptor provides an excellent opportunity to experience innovative system design development and to gain an awareness of the integration issues relating to other partners, including the T23, T26, T31 and T45 platform design authorities in addition to Export Combat System Integrators.
The role will offer different development opportunities and provides a good exposure to all elements of the System engineering lifecycle.Our Business:
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.