Bristol MBDA is a leading defence organisation that is proud to support our Armed Forces in protecting our nations. We collaborate with governments to achieve a shared goal of defending our freedom.Salary
: Circa £40,000 - £48,000
depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
- We may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote workingThe opportunity:
Help to shape the future of the UK Complex Weapons portfolio (from missiles to lasers!) by addressing UK military capability concerns and advancing new opportunities.
You will lead or support technical studies and experiments that will explore exciting new Complex Weapon capabilities and technical innovations at an early stage in their conception - informing the UK MOD of the new ‘art of the possible'. You will help to tailor and deliver technical studies to address customer requirements and ensure the studies provide the necessary output evidence the customer needs to make an informed decision.
You will be responsible for the successful scoping, planning and conduct of £100k+ technical studies and support larger studies as part of a cross company team. Study and experimentation aspects may include understanding Complex Weapon capability shortfalls versus customer requirements, weapon performance assessments, Performance-Cost-Time trade off analysis, weapon concept generation, weapon concept assessment, option ranking. There will be opportunities for you to use your creative side to generate innovative concepts or patent ideas that will influence the future Complex Weapon landscape.
The role requires good verbal and written communication skills, the ability to engage with subject matter experts from around across a large company and draw clear conclusions from large amounts of information. You will be contributing to continuous improvement and recommending ways to implement best practise in the team or wider company processes.
There will be opportunities for involvement in multi-national studies and occasional European business travel may be required.What we're looking for from you:
- Degree or other academic qualifications in a relevant technical or analytical discipline.
- Technical understanding of weapon systems, or demonstrable experience in another industry with technically complex products.
- Experience working in the early life-cycle of programmes, where requirements and candidate solutions will be immature.
- Scoping and conducting technical studies, capability analysis and experiments. (Operational Analysis background desirable)
- Writing technical reports, analysing technical findings, presenting results.
- Working as part of a team and effectively drawing on specialist technical expertise from within the wider MBDA organisation.
We value new perspectives, collaboration, and diversity. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.