MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Software Engineer with LinuxSalary
: Circa £50,000 - £70,000
depending on experienceWhat we can offer you!
Dynamic (hybrid) working:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 additional days flexi leave
- Parental benefits including up to 26 weeks full pay for maternity, paternity, adoption, neonatal and shared parental leave
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and much more....
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- We may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
We trust our people to agree, within their teams, where and when they can be most effective. Our Dynamic Working policy allows individuals flexibility around the hours they work and where they work. However, due to the secure network access of this role, you will be required to work 4 days per week on-site, as a minimum.The opportunity! Software Engineer with Linux
What we're looking for from you:
- We're a driven team with a passion for software and its successful deployment in battlespace Command and Control (C2) weapon systems. We work on technology that is at the forefront of European missile system design, delivering safe, secure, and reliable products to our customers.
- We are looking for a capable, adaptable and inquisitive software engineer to join a dedicated team to develop middleware solutions.
- Our products require Linux Operating System (OS) migration, configuration and security solutions implementing, so a good experience of Linux is essential for this position.
- Working across multiple applications on both land and maritime projects in the systems software department, this role allows for involvement in many of the most sophisticated missile systems in the world, across multiple warfare domains, and provides a great opportunity for someone wanting to be involved in many differing areas of software.
- MBDA Software Engineering (SE) has internal SE University courses, created and delivered by MBDA software engineers to effectively manage and share key knowledge and skills to support your learning.
- Experience configuring, securing and maintaining Linux OSs (Redhat and/or Ubuntu) including Kernel configuration and Kernel test.
- A passion for software engineering, with the ability to innovate and think critically to solve complex software problems with a willingness to develop software skill either through on the job, or formal training.
- Knowledge of software design differences between Real-Time OSs and Hypervisors would be beneficial.
- Comfortable working with a team in a collaborative environment, communicating and contributing to design and implementation decisions, and supporting with integration.
- Experience in the development of software for Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) hardware and be comfortable working with target system hardware.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential. MBDA is proud of our employee-led networks examples include: Gender Equality, Pride, Menopause Matters, Parents and Carers, Armed Forces, Ethnic Diversity, Neurodiversity and more...
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.