Technical Project Manager
Curtiss Wright Industrial Division is a world leader in the design and manufacture of Electronic Control Systems for battery-operated vehicles, such as powered wheelchairs and industrial vehicles for floorcare and materials-handling markets. These products require compliance to the requirements of a growing number of International standards.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate, working within a busy Engineering department. You will be working alongside an experienced team of Engineers, dedicated to innovative and robust solutions for our chosen markets. Enthusiasm for the role is essential.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensuring Company development processes are in-line with business requirements and are documented well
- Ensuring products comply to the latest international standards, through close co-operation with the development teams throughout the design process
- Fostering strong links with International standards bodies, aiding awareness of developing standards
- Providing training to the business, to ensure a thorough understanding of our International obligations are understood by Design Engineers
Qualifications & Experience
The successful candidate will be degree qualified in a relevant Engineering discipline and have experience in some of the following areas:
- Designing products to International standards
- Strong understanding of the Medical Devices Directive (93/42/EEC) and/or Machinery Directive (2006/42/EC), relating to Electronic products
- Knowledge of relevant harmonised standards, such as ISO 7176-14, IEC 62304, EN ISO 13849-1, BS EN 1175-1 and IEC 60335-2-72
- Experience in CE marking of products and Technical Construction Files
- Experience of TÜV safety certification
- Additional experience in interpreting and developing patents would also be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal are essential for this role.
- Team Player with good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate confidently and persuasively
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Highly self-motivated and the ability to work without supervision.
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of the UK/EU through completion of a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) application. In the event information provided on the BPSS application reveals ineligibility to access US export controlled information, any offer of employment may be withdrawn.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request