About the Role
Base Location: Perth, Glasgow or Aberdeen
Salary: £44,100 - £66,100 depending on skills and experience + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
In an exciting period of growth, we are looking to develop our future network requirements through local Area System Plans (ASPs). The System Development Project Manager will lead the development and communication of our ASPs, this will involve extensive interface and co-ordination with internal stakeholders including our System Planning team. Our approach will lead the way in future development of the Transmission network in the north of Scotland and will involve significant external stakeholder interface. This is a pivotal role in our Business Planning Team so the successful candidate will play an important part in helping Scotland and the UK as we move towards Net Zero.
The key duties and responsibilities of this role include:
- You will work closely with the System Planning team to ensure the development of local ASPs setting out the required future infrastructure upgrades across our network over a 10 year plus horizon.
- You will build and manage the project teams required to develop the ASPs ensuring input from key areas across the business including System Planning, Environmental & Consenting, Engineering, Stakeholder, Whole System & Operations.
- As a strong communicator, you will build and maintain productive and enduring relationships with key stakeholders and local communities to promote and gain buy in for the Area System plans.
- Provide leadership in the promotion of the ASPs including interface with the Future System Operator to ensure timely approval of plans by the Ofgem.
- You will be expected to identify business improvements and where required support colleagues and the business to develop, test, implement and verify business improvements. You will also be responsible for ensuring compliance with all legal, regulatory and internal regulations, processes and governance.
What do I need?
To be considered we look for you to have:
- Experience in the development of large infrastructure projects including management of large multi-functional teams in a matrix reporting environment.
- Knowledge of Environmental and Consenting requirements, including extensive stakeholder engagement experience.
- Experience in the design of Transmission networks, including system studies would be advantageous.
- Outstanding communication, presentation and stakeholder management skills, allowing you to forge and maintain strong working relationships at all levels internal and external.
- A formal Project Management qualification, such as Prince2 or APM PMQ is desirable.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Stephanie at or o 01738 342963.
EXTERNAL: Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.
INTERNAL: As a courtesy, please let your current line manager know you are applying.