SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £18 billion in low carbon projects to 2027, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key Scottish sites, which includes but is not limited to:- Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen or Inverness.
Salary: £72,500 - £108,700 + car /car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
This is a key leadership role in the IT organisation of the Transmission business. SSEN Transmission is responsible for the Transmission of electricity in the north of Scotland. We own, operate and develop the 132kV, 275kV, 400kV and HVDC electricity transmission network in our licence area. Our network extends over a quarter of the UK land mass across some of its most challenging terrain, and comprises electricity substations, overhead lines, underground cables, and control and communication systems. As part of Transmissions RIIO T-2 price control an exciting programme of Digital Transformation is planned with a significant investment being made in these technologies over the next 5 years.
- Reporting to the Transmission Chief Information Officer and a key member of the SSEN Digital Leadership Team, the Head of Operational Technology will be responsible as for the management of the SSEN Transmission Operational Technology across our Network, comprising operational technology systems and platforms. You will also work closely with our Asset & Operations Directorate who manage protection systems and networks.
- Responsible for the overall management of the Transmission Operational Technology assets comprising the central OT platforms, ensuring business resilience and compliance against external regulation (NIS / CAF) and internal policy standards.
- Responsible for providing independent Operational Technology cyber security assurance activities across the full Transmission operational technology estate, including asset site systems and processes, to ensure compliance against cyber security external and internal requirements and legislation.
- Responsible for representing Transmission in necessary SSE Group interfaces as well as Regulator led engagements, changes in standards and policies that affect the OT environment.
- Responsible for working with Group Information Security teams to ensure operational technology meets internal and external regulator cyber security requirements, and ensuring appropriate actions and mitigations are deployed and managed.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Previous experience as a senior manager with a track record of delivering business improvements, technology innovation within complex IT Infrastructure environments, with a strong service management ethos for delivering quality and excellence.
- You will be highly commercial with the ability to negotiate and influence at all levels, managing conflict and able to achieve buy-in to new ways of working.
- Ability to operate against Cyber Assessment Framework (CAF) indicators of good practise and how to operate taking a Risk based approach. You should have experience of managing across multi-disciplined teams and working within a demanding technical and commercial environment.
- Ability to constantly drive standards and rigour across complex processes and risk management systems in a changing environment.
- Ideally you will have previous experience in a similar role and will have overseen the general operating services and software expenditure budget and people plans; including forecasting and spend management >£5M annually.
- Understand NIS regulations and compliance requirements and ability to run NIS management systems to ensure the cyber security of OT systems, including people, process and technology requirements and mitigations.
About our Business
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Kimberlee on 01738 341523.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.
Candidates for this role will be required to obtain vetting to SC level through UK Government. The criteria normally includes 5 years UK residency, further information can be found here: United Kingdom Security Vetting: Applicant - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)