Senior Environment Specialists (Construction Project Support)
This is an exciting time for AWE as we look for environmentalists to support construction projects as we develop and enhance ongoing site capability. The roles, cover all activities and services that fall within the scope of the Environmental Management System and Integrated Process Delivery Maps, covering the whole project lifecycle, from project design and development, construction and through to decommissioning and demolition.
You will have an established career within Environment with the view to continue and progress with your career with a unique, challenging, and exciting organisation. In return AWE offer an excellent remuneration package, work life balance and the opportunity to work with a variation of projects with other subject matter experts within the industry.
Location: Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary: £41,500-£65,600 per annum (dependent on skills and level of experience)
Closing Date: 12th October 2023
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work)
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts - access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing - more information available on our careers site.
As the Senior Environmental Specialists, you will lead and manage tasks to meet business and personal objectives as part of a multi-functional team.
- Act as the 'intelligent customer' for environmental issues for specific areas across the management hierarchy.
- Promote the sustainability vision, embed into every day working and win the hearts and minds of AWE personnel.
- Produce timely and accurate environmental specialist advice, as a subject matter expert to ensure compliance and improve environmental performance.
- Derive and analyse environmental performance metrics.
- Undertake walkthroughs inspections, audits and investigations.
- Seek opportunities for improvements and to learn from experience.
- Develop and proactively manage the interface/relationship with all internal and external regulators/stakeholders.
- produce technical documents/ requirements in support of the Environmental Management System (EMS) and ensure compliance with relevant permit requirements.