Closing date – October 14th, 2023
STFC, Boulby Underground Laboratory, Boulby Mine, NE England
We are currently looking for a skilled and enthusiastic Infrastructure Manager to join our team. This person will work with the facility operations and laboratory teams, the mine personnel and project scientists, and will have responsibility for:
As facility Infrastructure Manager, the post-holder will be a key member of the Boulby Underground Laboratory operations team, keeping both the surface and underground laboratory facilities operating to the highest standards
· Managing the preventative, reactive and statutory maintenance of the Boulby Underground Laboratory surface and underground buildings, services and support systems.
· Managing short and long-term infrastructure projects, including assisting in plans for developing new underground science
· Ensuring ongoing Health & safety compliance of facility infrastructures and support systems that are not under the operations management.
· Line managing facility technicians. Engaging and directing local workforce or external contractors to fulfil facility maintenance and development needs.
· Liaising with local ICL personnel and overseeing the duties of facility maintenance and development personnel as/when required. Acting as the first point of contact with ICL-UK for any infrastructure issues which may arise and communicate these to the team as necessary.
· Communicating with the team and associated stakeholders, in meetings and outside, issues regarding facility infrastructure status and plans as appropriate.
· Taking responsibility for the completion of specific ad-hoc facility operations tasks as assigned by the Facility Director and Chief Operating Officer.
· Providing support in developing facility and team organisation and communication systems as required, and working to keep these systems current, relevant and operational.
· Giving assistance to other team members on ad-hoc aspect of their (or the overall facility’s) work on occasion as appropriate and required.
· Acting as positive representative for the facility during interactions with stakeholders, visitors, science user and general public.
Please note that the role requires a full (clean) UK driving licence for driving responsibilities while on the underground site.
The following criteria will be assessed at either shortlisting (S), interview (I) or both (S&I)
- Full UK driving licence (S&I)
- Staff management experience (S&I)
- NEBOSH or IOSH qualification and/or demonstrated experience in H&S systems in operation. (S&I)
- Knowledge and/or training on CDM regulations (S&I)
- Ability to diagnose repairs and maintenance issues. (S&I)
- Knowledge and experience of the operation of MHE equipment e.g., Forklift Truck & MEWP. (S&I)
- Creating and adapting spreadsheets for operational requirements (I)
- IT literacy, including good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook) and web-based applications (S)
- Strong team player (I)
- Excellent organisational skills (I)
- Must be able to complete work to a high standard and on time. (I)
- Ability to learn quickly and engage with new environs, systems and processes. (I)
- A self-starter who is motivated (I)
- Be able to self-manage, but also take direction & work under minimal supervision. (I)
- A proactive communicator (I)
- Ability to manage competing and conflicting demands (I)
- Flexible nature to be able to deal with multiple and changing priorities (I)
- Commitment to own professional development. (I)
- Previous experience as a Maintenance/ Infrastructure manager(S&I)
- Project management experience (S&I)
- Facilities management qualification (S&I)
- Previous experience of working underground (S&I)