BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to over 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Behind great solutions there are great people: our employees. We pride ourselves on being able to solve some of our customers’ most complex problems. Our people are what differentiates us, they are ingenious, innovative and dedicated. We have a mix of generalists and specialists and recognise that this diversity contributes to our success. In general, we work in teams. We recognise the benefits of forming teams from a mix of disciplines, which allows us to come up with balanced, high quality solutions.
As a key member of our community, you’ll be working with one of our National Security Customers to build a system that supports their core mission capabilities. You’ll work as part of empowered, autonomous teams with regular contact with end-users to flexibly and efficiently design, develop, deploy and maintain applications and services.
We work hard and often go the extra mile, but we recognise people’s efforts and that everyone has a life outside of work. We encourage people to speak up if they want to rotate to a new project in support of career development, or even just to face a new challenge. Our breadth across the UK Government and Law Enforcement sectors provides diverse opportunities for our people to develop their careers in new areas of expertise or with new clients. Role Summary
We are looking for experienced SC cleared Platform Engineer to join an existing delivery team working in the Law Enforcement sector based in London.
As a key member of a Software Engineering team, you’ll work as part of empowered, autonomous DevOps team with regular contact with end-users to flexibly and efficiently understand, design, develop, deploy and maintain applications and services.
You’ll be encouraged to identify new ways of solving problems and get to work in a range of different teams across our customer organisations. You will work in a team given as much ownership and responsibility as you have the appetite for but part of a much bigger Engineering community to give you the support you need to grow in your career.
We fully embrace DevOps ways of working in our teams, and build a very broad range of capabilities for our customers. We therefore value Engineers who enjoy playing a role in the full delivery lifecycle and are flexible to learn and pick up new technologies and approaches.
This software solution utilises an Azure cloud-native approach, therefore we are looking for an experienced cloud engineer to complement the existing team.
The role has a hybrid working pattern, however you will be required to attend and work on the customer site at least 2 days per week alongside the rest of the team. Key Skills:
You will have many of the following:
How do we support you:
- Experience working in a similar DevOps / SRE / Infrastructure role
- An appreciation of Infrastructure as Code, and CI/CD tooling
- Scripting abilities with languages such as Shell, Bash, or Python etc
- A working knowledge of Linux, networking, routing & firewalls etc
- Great communication and problem solving skills, and a desire to learn new technologies
- Working in an Agile environment (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, XP, etc)
- Configuration Management tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible etc
- Infrastructure as Code tools like Terraform or Cloud formation
- Cloud technologies such as Azure (ideally) or AWS (optional)
- Docker, and container runtime platforms such as Kubernetes, Openshift or Marathon / Mesos etc
- Work-life balance is important; you’ll get 25 days holiday a year and, via our flexible benefits package the option to buy/sell and carry over from the year before
- Our flexible benefits package includes; private medical and dental insurance, a competitive pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, taste cards and more
- You’ll have a dedicated Career Manager to help you develop your career and guide you on your journey through BAE
- Don’t know a particular technology? Your learning and development is key to your future career
- You’ll be part of our bonus scheme
- You are welcome to join any/all of our Diversity and Support groups. These groups cover everything from gender diversity to mental health and wellbeing.
Due to the projects you’ll work on, and the clearance required, you will be required to work from a secure site (office) location (depending on project commitments). Typically our project teams work 2-3 days a week on site, though some roles involve 4-5 days, with sites in London (Vauxhall, Southwark and Stratford) and Bristol. The clearance level you’ll be required to achieve is SC
. The clearance vetting process will take place over the course of the on boarding programme and will be managed by BAE Systems Shared Services. Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.