About the Role
Base Location: Reading, Swindon, New Forest, Salisbury, or Petersfield
Salary: £49,559 - £56,757 + car/cash allowance + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Onsite
We are looking for a Project Engineer/Manager (132kv) to join our team.
As a Project Engineer you will lead and manage the construction phase of Works Delivery projects.
You will be supporting and influencing preconstruction phases of design from acceptance to handover for Construction.
We are looking for someone who is an excellent communicator with great planning, organisational and problem-solving skills. A Project Manager with excellent customer service skills who is passionate about safety.
Roles & responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Manage major projects through delivery phase, commissioning, and handover to Operations.
- Ensuring the projects align to SSEN Governance models and all interested stakeholder are engaged and working towards a common goal of on time, to budget and providing exceptional customer service.
- Attend design reviews, review tender documentation and evaluate and score tender returns.
- Drive the construction phases through contract placement and financial approvals as required.
- Taking a lead role in SHE activities to ensure that colleagues and Contractors are performing their duties with no risk to themselves or others.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Minimum of HNC or equivalent qualification in Electrical or Civil Engineering, or equivalent relevant experience.
- Project management skills; managing multiple workloads, finance and project planning and a Prince 2 practitioner - or working towards similar qualification.
- Knowledge and understanding of the operation, and management of an NEC3 contract and the various interactions with the delivery partners.
- A Recognised construction safety certificate such as NEBOSH.
- Previous experience within a customer driven environment, possessing excellent customer service skills.
Regular travel is required and as a result we can only accept applications from candidates that hold a current driving licence.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Kim on 01738 344051.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.