General Dynamics Mission Systems UK has exciting opportunities for talented and experienced Avionics Test Development Engineers to join an innovative Test Development team in Hastings. This full-time Engineer role offers an attractive salary and benefits package of up to £52,000 p/a.
As an Avionics Test Development Engineer, you will be working on avionics and possibly land-based armoured vehicle communication systems. You will undertake test development strategies and develop test solutions to ensure our products meet all quality requirements and safe functionality.
In your first few weeks in this Senior Test Engineer role, you can expect to:
- Develop, analyse, improve and implement test strategies
- Produce detailed recommendations along with project planning using Microsoft Office applications
- Present test strategies to senior management
- Perform complex technical investigations individually or with a team
To apply for this Senior Test Engineer role, you will need comprehensive knowledge of electronic hardware and advanced level test-related expertise. You will also require the following:
- Experience developing, analysing, improving and implementing test strategies
- Ability to perform complex technical investigations individually or with a team
- Ability to develop test solutions using LabView and TestStand would be beneficial, although not essential
- Some knowledge of Linux OS would be advantageous
The full Job Description is available by following the link.
In return for your dedication, collaboration and commitment, you will receive a generous salary and benefits package, joining a welcoming and inclusive culture.
Our Company benefits
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose, offering highly competitive benefits:
- A compressed nine-day fortnight – which means every other Friday off!
- A flexible benefits scheme - allowing you to adapt your benefits to suit yours and your family’s needs
- A personalised career development plan, alongside regular progress reviews - supporting and valuing your progression within the Company
- Professional training and development courses, both internal and external - allowing you to reach your full potential
- A flexible working environment where your contributions are recognised and rewarded, which includes compressed hours, reduced hours and job share
- A Company sports and social club, offering events at discounted prices – giving you the opportunity to meet and socialise with your fellow colleagues outside the workplace
General Dynamics Mission Systems
General Dynamics Mission Systems in St Leonards-on-Sea currently provide a wide range of Avionic Mission Computing Systems for a wide range Military Fast Jets, Helicopters and UAV’s. Recent success has resulted in General Dynamics developing the next generation of Advanced High Performance, Safety Critical Mission Computer Systems to meet the needs of latest platforms in development by several aircraft manufacturers. These Mission Computing Systems provide the functionality that integrates aircraft systems, sensor systems and weapon systems with the information and control systems required by the aircrew to meet the demanding operational needs of these aircraft.
General Dynamics Mission Systems engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of more than 13,000 top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defence and scientific arenas. In the UK, we are leading the way in avionics and communication systems. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency.
We believe in maintaining a diverse workplace - inclusive of beliefs, cultural background, job experiences, thoughts, and ideas. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we welcome you to join our inclusive team!
As part of our commitment to inclusion and diversity we welcome in particular applications from women, members of the LGBTQIA+ community and ethnic minority groups.
We are a Disability Confident Employer, as such we offer an interview to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like your application to be considered under the DC Scheme.