AWE is looking for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer (Projects)
The role of Senior Manufacturing Engineer is to provide subject matter expertise to manufacturing, design, scientific and technical support to manufacturing process areas, programme and/or project managers throughout AWE.
Role: Senior Manufacturing Engineer (Projects)
Location - Reading Area
Salary: £44,990.00 - £55,000.00 (dependent on experience) + Allowance
Closing date: 16th October 2023
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work)
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts - access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing - more information available on our careers site
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
The Successful Candidate will be responsible for:
- Acting as a Subject Matter Expert for fissile science and chemical recovery of fissile material, approve for tooling/equipment/process configuration documentation
- Delivering process engineering documentation including process flow diagrams, activity sequence diagrams, mass and energy balance etc.
- Accountability for throughput and capability modelling of new capital projects in area of responsibility.
- Delivering and supporting process and equipment design, development and introduction of best manufacturing practise in terms of productivity, reliability, innovation and quality to the workplace
- Delivering, managing and supporting all technical aspects of new/current processes and/or equipment within designated area of responsibility, ensuring all are underwritten and available on demand
- Liaising with key stakeholders, project teams and management, ensuring appropriate communication of project/programme status and any circumstance reflecting upon safety, security, efficiency, quality, management or any other respective area of responsibility
- Identification of all legislation and regulatory requirements associated with new and existing processes, ensuring compliance
- Undertaking investigations of facilities and processes with the aim of improving productivity, quality, and/or resolving problems
- Promoting and sponsor operational excellence and drive all actions aimed at continuous process improvement
- Providing a diverse and inclusive working environment that allows individuals to flourish and realise their potential
- Working with others to form high performing teams
- Adopting a 'See It, Own It, Solve It' mind-set, by identifying obstacles to success and taking ownership to find solutions to those problems
- Maintaining and promoting high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player
- Additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees listed within the Company Design Authorities and Technical Authorities, as held in the company management system
To be considered for the we will expect candidates to hold a City & Guilds or recognised apprenticeship, and /or accumulated experience in a defined discipline as a minimum. Demonstrable experience in manufacturing engineering with specialist knowledge in chemical engineering / design / manufacturing / materials / machining / welding and joining as well as the techniques, processes and legislation / standards in a manufacturing environment is required. An awareness of lean techniques and quality tools would be desirable.
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role, be willing and able to work in designated areas.