AWE is currently recruiting for a Controlled Waste Advisor.
The purpose of this role will be to coordinate and supervise Controlled Waste operations at AWE sites, including task supervision of personnel and management of working areas including management of waste contracts.
This role would suit somebody from a Chemistry background.
Location - Reading/Basingstoke area
Package - £37,500 - £42,500 depending on suitability to the role
Closing date - 17th October 2023
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work)
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts - access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family.
- Produce operational paperwork including Operating Instructions and associated Risk Assessments, Manual Handling Assessments
- Production of Hazardous and Non-Hazardous waste paperwork including Waste Transfer Notes and Hazardous Waste Consignment Notes, and packing lists
- Responsible for the delivery of Controlled Waste Services in line with agreed service level agreements
- Identification and implementation of process improvements and efficiencies
- Planning and scheduling of tasks, ensuring minimum manning requirements are met
- Provision of advice and guidance relating to controlled waste processes
To be successful in this role you should preferably have the following skills and qualifications:
- Strong knowledge of chemicals and their hazards
- Experience in waste management or related subject
- Planning and scheduling work for a team
- Application of company Safety Management System in area of work
- Supervising contractors and/or staff
- Working knowledge of waste processes / waste industry