AWE have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Engineering Manager to join the TT&E function, supporting the delivery of the programme. The successful candidate will be tasked with supporting Operational and Engineering teams to deliver by identifying new ways of working. They will be expected to facilitate and champion the implementation of efficiencies and novel working practices to deliver a high quality, safe programme.
Senior Engineering Manager - Trials and Testing
Location: Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary: £44,990 - £70,000 (depending on your suitability and level of experience)
Closing Date: 17th October 2023
The Trials & Test Group are looking for a motivated and experienced Engineering Manager to work as part of a multidiscipline team supporting the delivery of engineering tasks and projects. The successful candidate will facilitate delivery of a programme of work, enabling the engineering teams to find better ways of working.
Responsibilities will include:
- Engage with operations and maintenance teams to identify areas requiring improvement.
- Review of standard working practices to identify improvements.
- Review of configuration control practices and suggest simplifications.
- Lead the implementation of improvements through operational teams.
- Facilitate delivery of programmes of work, alongside operational teams.
- Communicate best practice throughout multiple teams and buildings.
This list is an example of the main areas of remit, and it should be expected that you will be required to fulfil other duties that are aligned to your position in line with the company's needs.
Your key skills should include but not be limited to:
- Proven experience of tasking science/engineering staff.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Experience of providing a resilient approach to driving change and supportive change management.
- Ideally, candidates will have a Degree in STEM discipline.
What will you get from us?
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work)
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Maternity Leave- 39 Weeks Full Pay & Paternity Leave- 4 Weeks Full Pay!
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts - access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing - more information available on our careers site
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.