Bristol MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary:
up to £55,000 depending on experience + bonus + benefitsWhat we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Possible relocation available
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
A blended approach to on-site and remote workingThe opportunity:
We are looking for a highly capable, versatile and enthusiastic Human Factors Engineer to undertake a full range of Human Factors tasks across weapon system concepting, development and research activities. This presents a great opportunity for someone with a real passion for HF to meet the challenge of integrating HF into hi-technology projects with a diverse range of military user groups!
The military operating environment is becoming more complex and new technological capabilities are required to ensure operational advantage. We believe that integration of Human Factors is critical to the development of safe, usable and effective weapon systems. In your role you will be able to directly influence the development of these technologies, engaging directly with the user from early concept through to delivery ensuring that the human-machine relationship is optimised.
You will be joining a team recognised by UK MoD as an industry leader in the delivery of Human Factors Integration where you be able to influence systems as they develop from concept to delivery and gain first-hand experience of working with military users. You will also have the opportunity to conduct internally and externally funded research packages.What we're looking for:
- Experience of the application of Human Factors in the development of complex systems. This will include conduct of Human Factors Integration and Human Centred Design processes through the development lifecycle, analysis and assessment of the role of the human in complex systems, physical ergonomics and integration into workspaces, User Interface prototyping and design and the conduct of user experiments and trials supporting system development.
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors
- Demonstrable understanding and experience of the application of Human Factors Integration & Human Factors Engineering
- Relevant Engineering or Science based Degree
- Good understanding of Systems Engineering and disciplines who interact with Human Factors (Supportability, Training, Safety, Equipment)
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.