Bristol MBDA is a leading defence organisation that is proud to support our Armed Forces in protecting our nations. We collaborate with governments to achieve a shared goal of defending our freedom.Salary: Competitive depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
- We may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working such as 1 to 2 days working on site with 3 to 4 days remotely.The Opportunity
The Senior Configuration Engineer is responsible for supporting the Configuration Manager of any given Project, including responsibility for the Product definition and/or Configuration Management of a minor project or major parts of a project. Tasks will require a level of initiative and require a high concern for order and quality to maintain the integrity of all elements which constitute the design for MBDA's products.What we're looking for from you
- A background in Configuration Control or Technical Data Management within a Defence or Aerospace industry or similar.
- Evidential experience in interpreting technical data and Bills of Materials for large and complex product assemblies.
- Familiar with the principles of Configuration Management within an aerospace or defence setting; preparing and handling Configuration Management documentation which is used to provide governance and control of project activities.
- Experience of managing and implementing engineering design changes across a multi-stakeholder environment, including the preparation and presentation of changes within change control meetings.
- Ability to support audits on our suppliers, ensuring Configuration Management processes are observed throughout our supply chain.
- Strong team working and communication skills which enable close and collaborative working with peers, as well as functional and project stakeholders.
- You should have an eye for detail and able to apply that with integrity with respect to controlling engineering data, drawings and CAD models.
- Ideally you will have experience of PTC Windchill as a Product Lifecycle Management tool.
You will be working on challenging projects across the whole of the product lifecycle; receiving structured skills development and training in the aspects of Configuration Control as employed by MBDA. Personal development may also include a route to Professional Accreditation in the area of Configuration Management.
We are a highly motivated, passionate and committed team, actively growing and developing by sharing knowledge and building the skills and behaviours which will underpin the future success of the business and the Configuration Management group. We go beyond professional associations and make the effort to grow strong and supportive relationships through unique team building and social events.Our Business:
We value new perspectives, collaboration, and diversity. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.