AWE is looking for a Project Engineer to provide Engineering capability to the Trials and Test Technology Centre Sub-Function in support of AWE Programmes, to support with a wide range of challenging projects and electrical maintenance work within the Orion Laser Facility.
If you would like to work within some of the UK's most impressive facilities and in a role which provides excellent careers progression opportunity… we want to hear from you.
Location: Reading area
Package: £35,720-£53,000 (depending on your suitability and level of experience)
Closing Date: 17th October 2023
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work)
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle.
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training.
- Maternity Leave- 39 Weeks Full Pay & Paternity Leave- 4 Weeks Full Pay!
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance.
- Discounts - access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family.
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing - more information available on our careers site.
- Lead the delivery of technical projects for the maintenance and upgrade of control systems, electrical systems and pulsed power systems.
- Implement Systems Engineering best practices.
- Manage the delivery of conceptual designs, detail designs, manufacturing specifications, operational documentation and validation evidence.
- Contribute to the production and delivery of high-quality technical reports and presentations.
- Identify and support opportunities for cost savings, efficiency and business improvement.
- Assist the Technical Lead in managing partnerships.
- Support the Senior Engineer in scoping, planning, and estimating future activities.
- Organise personal training and development under the guidance of a professional mentor.
The hiring manager would be interested in receiving applications from individuals with a Degree/HND/NVQ4 level in STEM vocational qualification, supported by practical experience or equivalent. While we welcome applications from developing Engineers, ideally you will have demonstrable experience in:
- Leading small project teams.
- Working with complex systems using innovative science and technology.
- Delivering projects using a stage gated process.
- Implementing Systems Engineering best practices.
- Working with systems such as electrical systems, distributed camera systems, network-controlled systems, PLC controlled systems or motion control systems.35
- Mentoring and coaching others.
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.