AWE has an exciting opportunity for a Technical Support Officer to contribute to the successful operations within Engineering Trials Delivery Unit (ETDU).
Location: Reading area
Package: £27,960-£40,000 (depending upon skills & experience)
Closing Date: 17th October 2023
What will you be responsible for?
As a TSO you will be required to carry out the production of task associated documentation (SSoW) including risk assessments and method statements to enable the completion of planned and reactive maintenance activities (installation, repair, replacement, modifications, etc).
Types of plant, equipment and systems typically covered by the role will vary, but will predominately be building services such as, compressed air, chilled water, AHU's etc. which support ETDU assets such as shakers, centrifuges and drop test rigs.
What will my day to day look like?
Providing an interface between the delivery teams and operations management for the delivery of minor alteration projects, the sourcing of spares, identification of suitable replacement parts for obsolete equipment
Working in a flexible and professional manner across a variety of locations to meet the programme and company needs whilst adopting the company values
Using experience and knowledge to provide technical support to the delivery teams to enable completion of complex tasks whilst demonstrating understanding, competence, and adherence to all relevant legislative and company standards within area of responsibility
Contributing to the production and delivery of high-quality technical reports and presentations
Supporting the Enabling Team Lead in scoping, planning, and estimating future activities
Organising own training and development under the guidance of a professional mentor
Under supervision, contributing to the delivery of conceptual designs, detail designs, manufacturing specifications, operational documentation, and validation evidence for engineering solutions in relation to defined requirements
What will you get from us?
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work)
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Maternity Leave- 39 Weeks Full Pay & Paternity Leave- 4 Weeks Full Pay!
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts - access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing - more information available on our careers site
What will you need to be considered?
Delivery track record (to Quality, Time, and Cost)
Strong communication skills (written and oral)
An engineering apprenticeship with a minimum NVQ/Diploma Level 3 in a relevant technical discipline or NVQ/Diploma level 2 plus industrial experience
Competency in a single specialism or capability to work across a range of disciplines or work areas
Basic computer literacy to utilise relevant business systems (e.g., Asset Management System)
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.