AWE are currently recruiting for two leadership roles, tasked with leading the development of our Production Engineering capability across our current and future manufacturing processes and facilities.
Roles: Senior Production Engineering Manager (New Capability) and Senior Production Engineering Manager (Process Governance and Simplification)
There has never been a more exciting time to be an engineer at AWE. We are at the start of a once-in-a-generation programme to design and produce a replacement warhead for the UK's continuous at sea deterrent. We are also managing one of the most important and challenging infrastructure programmes delivering a cutting-edge, sustainable environment for the future; as well as effectively maintaining an estate that spans over 1,000 acres.
Now is the time to have your chance to be at the forefront of the design, development, and implementation of a new Manufacturing System into world-class facilities, revolutionising the way we work, ensuring the deterrent is available to support CASD, now and for the future.
Location - Reading Area
Salary: £58,500 - £75,000 (dependent on skills and experience)
Closing date: 17th October 2023
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work)
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts - access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing - more information available on our careers site
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
- Potential opportunities to travel with work for conferences and collaboration
Engineering leadership is key to us achieving our goals, especially given the complexity of the products we make and the environment we operate in.
Working within Production and Assets, these roles suit leaders who are passionate about developing capability and supporting our teams. The two roles will develop our Production Engineering Capability to enable us to transition from how we operate and maintain our production facilities today and into the new product and infrastructure programmes for tomorrow.
We have much to do and we would love to hear from you if you are up for the challenge of delivering change, being part of an exceptional engineering team and are committed to:
- Attracting, nurturing, developing and retaining world class talent
- Driving a culture of innovation and continuous improvement
- Developing our engineering capabilities to deliver sound engineering solutions that are safe and secure
- Simplifying how we work and ensure responsibility, clarity and empowerment for our key engineering leaders
- Focusing on delivery and issue resolution
- Translating strategy into operational output
If you want to work in a unique and innovative environment, where people are at the heart of the business, then AWE is the perfect place for you.
All candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role, be prepared to travel in both UK and abroad and be willing and able to work in all required areas of AWE.