Manufacturing Cost Controller
An opportunity has arisen to influence and improve a range of both functional and project cost controlling activities within the manufacturing function of MBDA UK. Manufacturing UK has over 600 employees and a cost base of £50m. Manufacturing output is over £250m per annum.
The role assumes assisting in the compilation of forward UPC data for incorporation into contract cost at completions as well as having overall responsibility for underwriting the manufacturing cost inputs. There is a requirement to produce and interpret both weekly and monthly reports to support the manufacturing organisation in delivery of its global financial targets.
- Production of weekly and monthly global manufacturing performance metrics.
- Compiling monthly project based performance measures and metrics, assisting the manufacturing function delivering its overall production cost targets.
- Working with manufacturing function in the update of bi annual cost at project cost at completions.
- Detailed data extraction, investigation and manipulation of manufacturing data.
- Focus on Manufacturing UPC, agreement of future UPC projection and monitoring variances and trends
- Provide general financial support across all aspects of Manufacturing and the MBDA Bolton site
What's great about this role?
- An opportunity to work within in an expanding and successful manufacturing environment.
- To work at a brand new, purpose built £45m Manufacturing facility
- To experience a broad and diverse range of financial related areas
- A competitive salary, with a range of additional benefits.
What’s great about joining this team?
- A small team focused on controlling costs for 600+ people and over £50m of direct costs.
- The team are motivated, pro-active in helping to achieve challenging budget targets.
- Interaction with all levels of staff
- Knowing that the service provided makes a difference in achieving the overall MBDA performance targets.
- The team are happy and enjoy working in this exciting environment.
What are we looking for?
- Whilst an accountancy qualification would be an advantage, it is not essential. Candidates with the relevant experience in financial based project control within a manufacturing environment will be accepted.
- Experience in the majority of areas below
- Working in a Manufacturing environment and compilation of Manufacturing performance metrics
- Knowledge of cost and project control techniques.
- Knowledge and use of SAP R3.
- Must possess excellent Microsoft Excel Skills
- Good interpersonal skills dealing with Managers inside and outside of Finance.
- Used to working towards and achieving deadlines.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- You will have a willing, a helpful attitude, a calm professional manner and should be flexible even when things are changed at the last minute.
- Used to working in a team.
- The ability to travel to other MBDA UK sites as and when needed (likely to be limited)
Why should you come and work at MBDA?
- MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and the United States.
- With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA is Europe’s leading guided weapons company and with this in mind we continually look to broaden our existing talent base whilst maintaining a strategic edge, by exploiting new markets and new applications for our world-class technology base.
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career.
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards.
What would you get?
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, discounted private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities,
you need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.