MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: Circa £40,000 to £65,000 depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Dynamic (hybrid) working:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 additional days flexi leave
- Parental benefits including up to 26 weeks full pay for maternity, paternity, adoption, neonatal and shared parental leave
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and much more...
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- We may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
We trust our people to agree, within their teams, where and when they can be most effective. Our Dynamic Working policy allows individuals flexibility around the hours they work and where they work. Typically for this role you will work 4-5 days on-site.The opportunity!
Embedded Software Engineer
In this role, you'll be delivering and maintaining software for one of our key products - The product is in a maintenance phase and so deliveries are incremental, and focused around product improvements (robustness and feature upgrades).
The software is developed using Ada and Rapsody and the role will involve architecting, designing, implementing and testing missile subsystem software. You'll be a part of a small team and therefore have a large breadth of visibility across the product.What we're looking for from you:
A software engineer focussed on embedded software development for Real Time systems:
- Do you have significant previous experience of developing embedded software using Ada (and C/C++ helpful)
- Experience in model-based development, using UML or using tools such as IBM's Rhapsody
- ‘Can do' and flexible approach - you'll enjoy solving technical problems that sometimes extend beyond the bounds of "software"
- A focus on code quality and the ability to engage in code and design reviews.
- Development of maintainable and extensible code (to adapt to change in requirements etc.)
- Able to communicate and collaborate effectively with multiple customers, including Systems Engineering, Electronics and Electrical, and Test and Validation
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential. MBDA is proud of our employee-led networks, examples include: Gender Equality, Pride, Menopause Matters, Parents and Carers, Armed Forces, Ethnic Diversity, Neurodiversity and more...
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.