Bristol MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary: Circa £53,000 depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Dynamic (hybrid) working
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Parental benefits including up to 26 weeks full pay for maternity, paternity, adoption, neonatal and shared parental leave
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- MBDA may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
: We trust our people to agree, within their teams, where and when they can be most effective. Our Dynamic Working policy allows individuals flexibility around the hours they work and where they work.The Opportunity
As a member of the Analogue and Digital Capability Group, you will be undertaking board level design around FPGA and SoC associated power and control circuitry, interfacing with leading edge RF systems and wider missile sub-systems, which could involve high speed serial data comms. This will also include the development of electronic technical solutions in liaison with other skill domains (e.g. Software, Mechanical Engineering etc.) in response to the technical and environmental requirements, which will be evolved through the early stages of the product design lifecycle in collaboration with the Equipment Requirements Authority.
You will be responsible for ensuring robust electronics design, using common development techniques such as DFMEA and all proving activities to ensure compliance against requirements.
This role will cover the Product Life Cycle from concept through to transfer to Production, including support to industrial validation and ensuring that the product meets its quality, rate and cost targets.
Other great opportunities, should you have the required skillset, are:
What we're looking for
- Technical Leadership - To lead the resources deployed to a project within a single skill domain
- Team Leadership - Delegation of some activities from the Group Lead for the team
- Telemetry Specialist - An Engineer with in-depth knowledge in a specific domain / type of product - not quite a Technical Expert! Accountable for advising, supporting and leading within their recognised skillset / technical knowledge domain.
What's in it for you?
- Ideally, degree qualified with significant post qualification experience in Electronic Design, development and delivery; preferably in defence or related industry.
- Someone who can demonstrate the capability to lead significant Electronic design work packages and have experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team with the awareness and understanding of the challenges that this may bring.
- Excellent problem solving skills and knowledge of a wide range of electronic technologies and products.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to influence and negotiate with stakeholders across the business.
This role provides an opportunity to design and development complex and technologically advanced projects and products while also providing a wide scope of tasks and a unique opportunity to broaden your interpersonal, technical and leadership skills.
Working with highly talented and motivated individuals and teams, in a friendly and supportive environment, provides one of the best environments for personal development and career progression. You will also have the opportunity to travel and work as part of an international team.Our Business:
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential. MBDA is proud of our employee-led networks, examples include: Gender Equality, Pride, Menopause Matters, Parents and Carers, Armed Forces, Ethnic Diversity, Neurodiversity and more...
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.