MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: Circa £60,000 to £70,000 depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Dynamic (hybrid) working:
- Bonus of up to 21% of base salary
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Parental benefits including up to 26 weeks full pay for maternity, paternity, adoption, neonatal and shared parental leave
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and much more....
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- We may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
We trust our people to agree, within their teams, where and when they can be most effective. Our Dynamic Working policy allows individuals flexibility around the hours they work and where they work. Typically for this role you will work 2-3 days on-site.The opportunity!
Software Project Leader (SPL) - This role reports to the Software Engineering Leadership team.
A fantastic Software Project Leader opportunity has arisen to join our Software Product Lines and Capability Function in Bristol, to manage multiple software developments of common software products (product lines).
This is a senior engineering leader role where you will be able to showcase and develop your technical leadership abilities whilst helping to deliver game changing defence capabilities for our many customers. You will have the opportunity to apply your technical skills and share best practice across several projects across different domains within the UK software directorate.
We invite you to apply to join a team with a great balance of new insights and in depth experience which promotes a highly dynamic working environment.What we're looking for from you:
We are looking for a software leader to co-ordinate multiple software teams, aligning them with overall business objectives, define software roadmaps, resource management and planning.
Ensure that a Software Engineering Design for Modularity and Reuse (DMR) approach is taken for the Software Product Lines.
Join a great team!
- You should have experience of whole software life cycle from concept to end-of-life including provision of training and knowledge transfer material. You might have gained this experience from working as a senior software team leader, software architect or software project / programme manager.
- Do you have experience of leading and co-ordinating?
- Are you experienced in the management, reporting and agreement of work load forecasts, estimating, planning, resourcing and spend?
- Do you have experience of influencing/coaching and mentoring various internal customers?
The Software Product Lines and Capability department are made up of a number of small teams providing key capabilities and technical excellence across our project delivery software departments internationally - you will be joining a committed and experienced team of Architects, Technical Experts and SMEs.
There are plenty of opportunities to take part in special interest groups and communities of practice to improve the way we develop and deliver software in a variety of subjects.Our Business:
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential. MBDA is proud of our employee-led networks, examples include: Gender Equality, Pride, Menopause Matters, Parents and Carers, Armed Forces, Ethnic Diversity, Neurodiversity and more...
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.