MBDA is a leading defence organisation that is proud to support our Armed Forces in protecting our nations. We collaborate with governments to achieve a shared goal of defending our freedom.Salary
: Circa £48,000
depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Dynamic (hybrid) working:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- Parental benefits including up to 26 weeks full pay for maternity, paternity, adoption, neonatal and shared parental leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
- We may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
We trust our people to agree, within their teams, where and when they can be most effective. Our Dynamic Working policy allows individuals flexibility around the hours they work and where they work. Typically for this role you will work 4 days a week on-site.The opportunity:
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Manufacturing MRP Controller to support a multi-disciplined team in the delivery of production contracts containing both development and production elements. You will be responsible for the management of all planning related activities to deliver the Manufacturing Planning Schedule (MPS) to time, cost and quality.
This is an exciting time to be joining the UK Manufacturing team as it prepares for future business needs, which has resulted in many strategic developments.
What we're looking for from you:
- Management and supervision of the MRP Controllers employed in the planning and scheduling of materials in the MRP system. Ensuring adequate supply of materials to output the MPS.
- Maintaining the manufacturing production schedule for programmes of work within the Business unit.
- Schedule all work through all the process manufacturing facilities within the business unit.
- Maintaining the manufacturing bill of materials and project manufacturing strategy by ensuring accurate master data within the MRP system.
- Assessment of new or amended customer demand and the effect on inventory and programmes.
- Coordination of effective non-conformance management controls ensuring MP&C related tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Monitor topical knowledge of inventory holdings to effectively manage and control financial implications
- Proactive involvement in the support and development of deployed resource, ensuring MRP Controllers are trained and have the necessary skills.
- Identify and implement process improvement for the business by leadership of team through working groups (CIAGs) where appropriate.
- Review potential work and support the compilation of resource estimates.
- Engagement in the supply review process to build complete supply picture
- Drive a culture of Planning and best practices:
- Support ABC/Product Segmentation analysis and Statistical Safety Stock Process
- Review of KPIs and supporting actions.
- Safeguard health & safety for deployed resources in accordance with company procedures and current legislation
- Co-ordinate materials into dispatch with the relevant paperwork for onward
- Experienced and motivated Team Leader with a proven track record in manufacturing planning and control, supply chain management or a related position.
- HNC Level of qualifications or equivalent.
- APICs supply chain certification desirable but not essential to the role.
- Experience in the use of SAP would be beneficial.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and MRP systems.
- Good Planning and organising skills.
- Previous experience of managing a team. A natural communicator, able to build strong collaborative relationships, with experience in driving multi-functional teams and delivering to tight time-scales.
We value new perspectives, collaboration, and diversity. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.