Raytheon UK's Facilities Management team provide day-to-day operational management for all services within a portfolio of buildings, including our key new manufacturing facility in Livingston. We are seeking to hire a talented engineering/facilities professional to support the Regional Facilities Manager in the smooth running of the site; leading the local facilities team and positively contributing to the performance of the business by building strong working relationships with internal and customer/client teams.
What will I be doing?
As our Assistant Facilities Manager, you will take ownership of the operational management of the Livingston site, including the delivery of all facilities management services and projects, and act as the key interface between the team and other business functions / stakeholders; guaranteeing appropriate and responsive reaction to address any concerns. Specific accountabilities and duties include:
- Accountable for the completion of standard or non-standard tasks, within the scope of the function
- Input to planning activities (horizons of typically up to six months)
- Interact with clients or users around specific work efforts and deliverables
- Supervise the activities of service partners to meet deadlines and quality standards, taking account of impact outside area of responsibility
- Strive for continual improvement to ensure performance meets service requirements
- Support delivery of Health, Safety and Environmental policies and standards
- Support customer and company audits, ensuring optimum results are achieved
- Manage financial accountabilities - Facilities cost centre budget, Facilities AR budget and Functional project and AR budgets
What qualifications, experience and aptitudes will I need?
- Minimum HND or HNC (or equivalent) in an Engineering discipline
- Sound working knowledge of all UK facilities biased statute
- Financially astute; able to work to a budget, manage costs and identify savings
- Excellent customer relationship skills; active and visible to stakeholders and other staff
- Experience of supporting a business contract and/or providing support to a professional function
- Membership of a relevant professional industry body (e.g. IWFM, CIBSE etc) would be advantageous, but not essential