L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 50,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title – Early Careers Engineering Manager
Job Location – Tewkesbury or Fleet, UK
Flexible, condensed or reduced working hours considered and hybrid working where possible.
Job ID –SAS20230607-103241
About this opportunity and L3Harris UK
From 12 UK sites, our team of over 1,400 people deliver unique capabilities across air, land, sea, space and cyber for military, security and commercial customers, worldwide.
L3Harris in Tewkesbury and Fleet are part of our ICI division, we work closely with UK Government and Security Agencies primarily in the areas of crypto/cyber security, electronic warfare, counter drone capabilities and situation awareness projects.
We are looking for an experienced Engineer with a passion for technology to join our rapidly growing engineering team. The role will be focused primarily on supporting or leading engineering development projects in cutting edge defence technology, but will also focus on line managing and developing early career engineers including graduates and apprentices. A passion for STEM outreach and the development of the next generation of engineers is an essential ingredient!
A few of our employee benefits are:
- £3,000 to £6,000 DV Bonus – please note this level of clearance isn’t essential for this role. This bonus is subject to individual clearance and project requirements – discussed upon application.
- Hybrid working where possible
- Flexible, condensed or reduced working hours available, i.e. 4-day condensed working week, 9-day fortnights,12pm finish every Friday, etc.
- 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays), increasing with long service and with the opportunity to buy/sell up to 5 days
- Private medical insurance with optional family cover
- Pension scheme of up to 7% employer contribution
- Life Assurance 4x salary (flexible up to 10x)
- Group income protection
- Flexible opt-in extras such as a health care cash plan, dental insurance, gym membership, critical illness cover and cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance program providing mental health and wellbeing support
- Professional registration with the IET (Engineers only)
What the role will involve
The responsibilities of your role will include the following:
- Lead or support the development of cutting-edge technology in the fields of Crypto/Cyber Security, Electronic warfare or data fusion and situational awareness
- Contribute to the development of the appropriate engineering function through the promotion of Engineering best practice, tools, processes and training.
- Contribute to the generation of technical proposals, bids and presentations.
- Line management, development and mentoring of a small team of graduate engineers or other early career engineers
- Leading or participating in STEM outreach activities and graduate recruitment
What you’ll bring
The role requires the following experience and skills:
- Engineering experience required (software, systems, hardware or firmware) – minimum of 3 to 5 years – this role will require hands on engineering responsibilities relevant to your technical discipline in addition to early careers line management
- A passion for STEM outreach and encouraging the next generation of engineers along with people leadership
Important to know
Due to the nature of our work many our roles require a UK nationality and the ability to obtain a security clearance. Applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment must meet the requirement of right to work in the UK and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and will be subject to government security checks.
As an equal opportunities employer, L3Harris is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join L3Harris.