Bolton MBDA is a leading defence organisation that is proud to support our Armed Forces in protecting our nations. We collaborate with governments to achieve a shared goal of defending our freedom.Salary
: Up to £60k depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Dynamic (hybrid) working:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Parental benefits including up to 26 weeks full pay for maternity, paternity, adoption, neonatal and shared parental leave
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- We may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
We trust our people to agree, within their teams, where and when they can be most effective. Our Dynamic Working policy allows individuals flexibility around the hours they work and where they work.The opportunity:
MBDA has a fantastic opportunity for a Cable / Harness Specialist Engineer to work within our growing Interconnects team.
Using your expertise, you will undertake a full range of activities; no two days are the same. You will be providing advice and guidance to the team and our customers on electrical interconnects/cables suitable for the transmission of power, signal and data within and between subsystems in our products.
As the Specialist Engineer, you will maintain your expertise in areas and ensure that it is effectively passed to others, including participating in design reviews, process updates, training and other development activities, as appropriate, enabling MBDA to maintain its capability.
You will also support and lead continuous improvement initiatives, helping define best practice and manage the adoption and adherence of agreed methodologies across the teams on an international scale.
This is a unique opportunity to develop and broaden both your technical and leadership skills within an award-winning company and to work with highly talented and motivated engineers in a friendly, inclusive and supportive environment.What we're looking for from you:
- Knowledge and experience in cable/harness design
- Ideally HNC, HND, Apprentice trained or Degree qualified in Electrical Engineering
- Strong communication skills to facilitate regular face to face and electronic communications with all relevant stakeholders
- The ability to write clear and concise engineering documentation
- Strong working knowledge of industry standards and experience of demonstrating compliance to them
- The ability to lead technical task forces for issues relating to cable harnesses and associated components through to resolution
Due to the nature of our work, experience of Military Defence Standards and a working knowledge of Mil-Aero connectors in support of cable harness manufacture is highly desirable.Our Business:
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential. MBDA is proud of our employee-led networks, examples include: Gender Equality, Pride, Menopause Matters, Parents and Carers, Armed Forces, Ethnic Diversity, Neurodiversity and more...
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.